Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

10 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

You probably right, he earned his knowledge at Saville on their payroll. They won’t be happy that knowledge is going elsewhere, particularly at the time it’s most useful 

There lies a problem for every club, and every business, I guess.

Everybody who works for us, will have inner knowledge of our prized secrets....and when they leave, it goes with them.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

This will be a real statement.  Even the most casual fan of other clubs will know Monchi and what he did at Sevilla.  We might not be slipping under the radar much longer.

getting the double over Brighton the media darlings, might have helped too.

20 minutes ago, duke313 said:

This will be a real statement.  Even the most casual fan of other clubs will know Monchi and what he did at Sevilla.  We might not be slipping under the radar much longer.

I'm probably more than a casual fan, but hadn't even heard of him until we were linked... but then I don't really follow European football.

All that about to change now Villa have an interest in it though :).

Right that we won't be under anyones radar though, we one of the big boys again. 

The sly6 are breaking up (Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool?), there's some new powers coming in (us, newcastle, Brighton?), and the outcome is anyone's guess at the moment. 

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Monchi without the beard looks like John Malkovich.

The intractable philosophical question of 'Being John Malkovich' is one that even the great man himself has wrestled with on camera, so let's not complicate things any further by bringing Monchi into the equation.

Although, having said that, I suspect one or two of us, once we get to know him a bit better, will harbour a secret desire to be more like the puppet master...

https://www.scriptslug.com/script/being-john-malkovich-1999

33 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Hoping there's not a last minute Monchi wrench thrown into the deal.

Ah man, that's bad.

Not least because his name isn't pronounced with a hard 'c'.

I got for monkey puns to be banned. 

• Sad 1

Â