Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

If not for Emery, I’d be a bit apprehensive about this if it happens. He’s obviously done a stellar job at Sevilla, and was high in demand a few years ago. And we can’t just use his time at Roma, as there was likely other factors why it didn’t work. But what if he’s just suited to Sevilla? And just doesn’t work elsewhere.

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If not for Emery, I’d be a bit apprehensive about this if it happens. He’s obviously done a stellar job at Sevilla, and was high in demand a few years ago. And we can’t just use his time at Roma, as there was likely other factors why it didn’t work. But what if he’s just suited to Sevilla? And just doesn’t work elsewhere.

When he was at Roma the owners were **** shocking, more interested in trying ro pocket a few million with shady stadium shenanigans than the club.

• Like 2

Now it sounds like Monchi is staying. Let's see if whatever becomes official and they focus on what they have to do, work

On Wednesday, the general sports director of Sevilla FC, Ramón Rodríguez Verdejo, Monchi, asked to leave the Nervión entity. It is something that was already in the mind of the one from San Fernando and that he commented on several occasions to the leaders, but that they never took seriously.

After the meeting of that aforementioned day, they saw the wolf's ears, the club authorized his departure for free, as long as he signed a commitment document that he will not sign for any team in the next two years, Monchi has not agreed. If you want to leave without signing that document, you will have to pay 3 million euros of clause, there is no more.

They say in 'Deportes Cope Sevilla', that Monchi is a very very complex person, and that he changes his mind every five minutes, it is impossible to know what will happen, but with the passage of the hours his departure looks more distant because there is no formal offer from Aston Villa, because the club is not willing to let him go out for free and because the one from San At this time, Monchi's continuity is closer than yesterday.

I don’t know how reputable any of this is, but if this is true then this is starting to get a bit annoying now lol.

4 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Now it sounds like Monchi is staying. Let's see if whatever becomes official and they focus on what they have to do, work

On Wednesday, the general sports director of Sevilla FC, Ramón Rodríguez Verdejo, Monchi, asked to leave the Nervión entity. It is something that was already in the mind of the one from San Fernando and that he commented on several occasions to the leaders, but that they never took seriously.

After the meeting of that aforementioned day, they saw the wolf's ears, the club authorized his departure for free, as long as he signed a commitment document that he will not sign for any team in the next two years, Monchi has not agreed. If you want to leave without signing that document, you will have to pay 3 million euros of clause, there is no more.

They say in 'Deportes Cope Sevilla', that Monchi is a very very complex person, and that he changes his mind every five minutes, it is impossible to know what will happen, but with the passage of the hours his departure looks more distant because there is no formal offer from Aston Villa, because the club is not willing to let him go out for free and because the one from San At this time, Monchi's continuity is closer than yesterday.

I don’t know how reputable any of this is, but if this is true then this is starting to get a bit annoying now lol.

All very weird. Surely the release money isn’t an issue if we want him but that says we haven’t made him an offer. Confused and bored with this SD saga. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

All very weird. Surely the release money isn’t an issue if we want him but that says we haven’t made him an offer. Confused and bored with this SD saga. 

It’s all confusing right now, I guess I’ll just do the normal thing and wait for the club or  Percy to announce something

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

Probably using us to get a better deal, same as others have done. Move to Other Football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Probably using us to get a better deal, same as others have done. Move to Other Football.

Or, we could just wait until there’s actual news instead of believing any old shite written on Twitter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trensa said:

Rumours says here that you only want sign Monchi for free. 

If It's is true I don't see the board letting him go. 

That is rubbish. We would pay 2-5m no problem. It's another circus from the Spanish media and I don't think he is leaving. 

9 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

I suspect we may never have been in for him.

1 hour ago, Trensa said:

Rumours says here that you only want sign Monchi for free. 

If It's is true I don't see the board letting him go. 

Villa have lots of money, NSWE...

Naseef Sawiris = £12-14 billion 

Wes Edens = £3-6 billion

4 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Villa have lots of money, NSWE...

Naseef Sawiris = £12-14 billion 

Wes Edens = £3-6 billion

The amount is not the problem, but maybe the club (your board) doesn't want to make the deal like that or maybe Monchi thought that the board went to let him go for free and he doesn't feel OK signing with other club because the clause. 

NSWE - I will be Sporting Director for £350k a year and will nod yes to players Unai likes and take polls on here for other players. 

Let's get this sorted so we can move on and end this saga. 

• Haha 3

Â