Pau Torres

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I think him and Konsa are getting better. He was much better today and his forward passing is top draw. 

I mentioned earlier... let's think about just how long it took Mings and Konsa to become a boss unit.

I think he will get better, and as long as we keep outscoring opposition i'll have some patience with him lol.

He can create goals.

It will take time for us to get used to him and vice versa though obs.

A couple of his high risk passes don't come off but i can usually see the idea.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Yes this. 

It’s easy to forget our back line has been disrupted so much. I’m sure he will get up to speed.

I’m sure I heard on sky gvardiol, city’s 100 million pound centre back just got his second league start today. Pau deserves time 

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I was there. I thought he had a good game and I haven’t been a big fan up to now. I didn’t think he was tested that much tho.

I'm partially wondering if, an element of the worry is that we are used to a different " type " of Defender as well?

Whereas Emery views the WHOLE unit, from defence to attack as one.

I think it’s just a recalibration of expectations. We’ve had Mings for 4-5 years back there.

Pau is a completely different class on the ball but off the ball, I’m not expecting too much against certain kinds of players. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Funny how I didn’t Pau was that great, but his match stats today look absolutely elite.

I’m rewatching the game now and he’s absolutely controlling things 45 mins in. Their whole attack in his pocket. I’m far less worried about the little slips as he adapts than I was with him looking totally off the pace a few games ago - he’s adapting nicely.

The difficult thing is that it's much more of a trial by fire when it comes to a centre half learning the trade in a new league compared to an attacking player. A mistake from a central defender is generally going to have much greater consequences than that of a forward or attacking mid, so somebody like Pau is naturally going to be under the microscope much more than the other newbies. He's under much more pressure to become acclimatised to the Premier League quickly purely due to the importance of his position (also not helped by our previous best performing CB and defensive leader getting a  season ending injury in the opening game). 

I think he'll come good.

Sorry, he still worries me immensely. He should perhaps be playing in midfield as his passing is top notch, but his defending really looks very ropey indeed. He's had numerous dodgy bits of play in every game this season so far, and it's all due to his lack of strength and pace.

4 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

I disagree. The writing was always on the wall for Tyrone as soon as Pau signed. Trying to crowbar both as left footed defenders was always going to be sun optimal as pre season proved. 

Absolute rubbish. Mings would have started regardless since he is our best defender by miles

• Like 1

Â