Pau Torres

Delphinho123

5 hours ago, TRO said:

It just beggars belief....the guy hasn't officially signed yet, and THEY are still trying to shoe horn him in somewhere else.

Its like something else, that springs to mind, where the decision, still can't be accepted to some, journalists.

They need to get REAL, He's( as good as) a VILLA player.

He's just predicting what could happen in future, I.e. a move to an elite club, which unfortunately we are not. We are so defensive/easily offended as a fanbase, it's hilarious at times.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He's just predicting what could happen in future, I.e. a move to an elite club, which unfortunately we are not. We are so defensive/easily offended as a fanbase, it's hilarious at times.

Not even that. He's saying torres is so good these clubs will be kicking themselves they didn't sign him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Not even that. He's saying torres is so good these clubs will be kicking themselves they didn't sign him

who cares what other clubs misses are?

I think he was trying to undermine our transfer market prowess.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

who cares what other clubs misses are?

I think he was trying to undermine our transfer market prowess.

I think a lot of times the "big" clubs go for the shiny new toy rather than choose what is staring them in the face.

For the past 4 years Torres has been mentioned in just about every discussion on a potential transfer, whether it has been the likes of Manure, Liverpool, Bayern, Chelski etc but those clubs chose the new toy. It's hilarious that a CB with a Europa Cup wining medal and a CL semifinalist was still at Villareal. That he turned down Spurs and wanted to work with Emery says more about the player.

We know how good he is and as long as we make the progression under Emery, he will be here for a few years or someone will spend silly money to get him, either way it's a win-win for Villa.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I hope he turns out to be as good as people think. When we sign players from other leagues, I’m always apprehensive about whether they’ll be able to cut it in the prem. You lot seem confident though. 

Just us or all PL teams?

26 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Imagine, just for a second, putting together a 2 min 50 second bulletin on bringing in Pau Torres and the one thing you mention as his key strength is his height!!!

He's terrible in the air. He's being brought in because he's a world class distributor and disruptor. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Imagine, just for a second, putting together a 2 min 50 second bulletin on bringing in Pau Torres and the one thing you mention as his key strength is his height!!!

He's terrible in the air. He's being brought in because he's a world class distributor and disruptor. 

the true state of modern journalism, i guess......

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Between Ramsey's first name being 'Jacob' and us finishing 8th, starting to get the impression that Sky are pretty dreadful at this journalism thing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Between Ramsey's first name being 'Jacob' and us finishing 8th, starting to get the impression that Sky are pretty dreadful at this journalism thing.

They have been piss poor for some time.

• Like 1

Â