Pau Torres

Delphinho123

Just now, MaVilla said:

great stuff.

we already have the ball retention capable midfield in Kamara, Tielemans and Luiz, Torres will be part of building a back line to do the same clearly.

Moreno fits that mould also, will be interesting to see what happens with the other central defender spot and right back.

seemed clear to me that Emery would want to make our backline and key midfield areas able to retain the ball, even under pressure, which i dont think on the whole, our defensive line can do right now (under pressure).

Yep. I think Emery’s system demands the two centre half’s and the two central midfielders are ridiculously good under pressure with the ball at their feet. It’s how you take the pressure off against top teams because you’re not just giving it straight back to the opposition all the time. 

With Mings, Carlos, Konsa, Torres, Tielemans, Kamara and Luiz, we’ve got the players to do this now. 

A right back, winger and forward and at the level of P. Torres and this window will be the best we’ve had in decades. 

• Like 1

Just now, Condimentalist said:

Have to say I'm surprised given how well our CBs performed last season, but equally by all accounts he's an excellent player at what seems like a good price.

I can't see Mings not starting (and it would be a mistake not to) so can only imagine we play with two left footed CBs. 

our defensive line did perform well last year, but Emery likes his defensive line and  the core parts of midfield to be able to retain and pass the ball under pressure, almost like Man City do, so im entirely not surprised that he is looking to bring in players who can provide that in the defensive line.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Konsa left it too late to pick up form. 

Pau isn't coming in as a squad filler. He is a starter. 

Konsa will get games. He is decent at right back, especially the tucked in right back Emery likes. We will also have more games overall and need a strong squad. Mings not getting any younger. Konsa still has a future at villa if we keep growing.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yep. I think Emery’s system demands the two centre half’s and the two central midfielders are ridiculously good under pressure with the ball at their feet. It’s how you take the pressure off against top teams because you’re not just giving it straight back to the opposition all the time. 

With Mings, Carlos, Konsa, Torres, Tielemans, Kamara and Luiz, we’ve got the players to do this now. 

A right back, winger and forward and at the level of P. Torres and this window will be the best we’ve had in decades. 

tbh, although i think Mings and Konsa are "ok" on the ball, those two arent on the same level as Torres, Carlos, Tielemans, Luiz and Kamara, especially under pressure.

I agree with what you say in principle, tho.

• Like 1

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

Funny now that we are signing him people are saying..

”He’s not that good”

“ He is Villa’s level”

” Spanish Harry Maguire”

Who's saying that? I've not seen a peep about the transfer on any of the news channels as yet. It's just breaking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Who's saying that? I've not seen a peep about the transfer on any of the news channels as yet. It's just breaking. 

I'd hazard a guess he means on social media platforms like Reddit etc..

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbh, although i think Mings and Konsa are "ok" on the ball, those two arent on the same level as Torres, Carlos, Tielemans, Luiz and Kamara, especially under pressure.

I agree with what you say in principle, tho.

Just ‘in principle’ eh? 

We used to be bro’s

• Haha 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Tielemans And now Torres, they may not be statement signings, but our squad is becoming more deep and stronger to take on more games. 

Emery is building a cup winning squad 

who else's surname begins with T?

We seem to be signing all the T's.

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wonder if we’ll go in for Foyth too?

lets just do a Villareal multi-deal discount and get Torres, Foyth, Pino, Chukwueze & Baena.

F**k it, lets just get Reina off them also for old times sake.

What a signing!  A truly class player and our first ever out and out ball playing defender.  I don't think we would have had a chance at signing him if Emery didn't have a prior relationship with him.  

Â