Youri Tielemans

thejoker

Just now, avfc1982am said:

This last month it's really clicked for him here. He's been excellent and long may it continue. 

Yes, totally agree. He's becoming an important player for us and is very good at linking play and getting the ball to the likes of Bailey.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Just baffling that he didn't get a card for that.

Yeah - another shirt grab not carded (similar to the Bournemouth player vs Konza),

Havertz was very lucky to not get at least a yellow card.

Tielemans seems to be enjoying his football at the moment which is great to see after a tough-ish start for him.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

Can you blame him? Their strip is absolutely dreadful 
But on a slightly more serious note - he is going to take some shifting now.

I really like him.

To be fair, so is ours!

Tielemans has been fantastic recently though.

3 hours ago, Risso said:

Two or three of my Leicester-supporting friends were telling me his legs had gone.

Newsflash, his legs haven't gone. Great player.

He's 26 years old. I know he has been knocking about a while, but that's not plausible without a serious injury. 

His heart had left Leicester and let's be honest, he wasn't fit enough at the start of the season to play the way Emery needed him too. Dean Smith though, maybe. 

He's an unbelievable footballer. In the 10 role he reminds me of Paul Merson, probably the highest praise I can give. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's 26 years old. I know he has been knocking about a while, but that's not plausible without a serious injury. 

His heart had left Leicester and let's be honest, he wasn't fit enough at the start of the season to play the way Emery needed him too. Dean Smith though, maybe. 

He's an unbelievable footballer. In the 10 role he reminds me of Paul Merson, probably the highest praise I can give. 

I mean early regression often correlates with the number of miles on your body as a teen. And Youri perhaps has more mile on his body at age 26 than any player in history. 

He's played 469 games at 26 years old.

He's averaging 43 games a season over 11 seasons. 

16 minutes ago, ender4 said:

How did he even manage to get that many games?  Was he playing for 2 clubs at the same time?

European and cup football. Oh plus that doesn't include his 60 or so caps for belgium.

If you look at his time with Leicester - He didn't play in just 14 league games in his 4 full seasons, but he also played 12 FA Cup Games, 11 EFL Cup Games, 12 Europa League and 8 Conference League Games. So in 4 seasons where the max number of league games is 152, he played 182 Games. Plus probably 45 games for belgium in that period too. 

And he's been doing that every year since he's 16. 

Hell he's played 24 games for us this year too. Luckily a lot of them are off the bench but even a team with ostensibly good depth in his positions he's still played so many games. 

Even including subs he's still had 400 starts. Overall he's played 397 90 Minutes games which is basically him playing 90 minutes, 38 times over 10 and a half seasons. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Thanks 1

Â