Youri Tielemans

thejoker

25 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

David Ornstein is basically the transfer expert, and works for them. 

If you go on his Twitter there's barely any player transfer speculation the last week, actually none

51 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Please choose Roma.

lol what happened to no other teams wanting him being the reason not to sign him?

Edited by Indigo
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

If you go on his Twitter there's barely any player transfer speculation the last week, actually none

This was six days ago, and that transfer hasn’t been confirmed yet. 

1 minute ago, Rich192 said:

This was six days ago, and that transfer hasn’t been confirmed yet. 

That's not same as majority of crap people fall for, for the gazillion players we've been linked to this calendar year

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's not same as majority of crap people fall for, for the gazillion players we've been linked to this calendar year

You’re changing the goal posts now though, you said the Athletic don’t do transfer speculation, but this proves they do. In fact, they only tend to get involved when there’s genuine interest, which backs up that we actually are in for Tielemans. 

Anyway, I’m not here for an argument, I hope there is legs in it, as I think he’d be a great signing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rich192 said:

You’re changing the goal posts now though, you said the Athletic don’t do transfer speculation, but this proves they do. In fact, they only tend to get involved when there’s genuine interest, which backs up that we actually are in for Tielemans. 

Anyway, I’m not here for an argument, I hope there is legs in it, as I think he’d be a great signing. 

Yeah this was what I was getting at. I'm not really arsed getting into a debate about Gregg Evans specifically as people have made their feelings clear about him, but The Athletic as a rule don't report on transfers unless they can be substantiated so they're as good a source as any to justify starting a thread off the back of.

• Like 1

he's brought in to pad the squad out in midfield. ensures JJ and mcginn get to continue higher up the pitch. it's a very sensible signing and a no brainer IMO

there will be money spent this summer, no doubt about that, but might as well get the easy ones done early

Done deal according to Ornstein

https://theathletic.com/4599038/2023/06/10/youri-tielemans-aston-villa-transfer/?source=user_shared_article

Aston Villa have agreed a deal to sign Youri Tielemans.

The former Leicester City midfielder departed the King Power Stadium this summer after his contract expired. He has previously been heavily linked with clubs in the Champions League and there has been competition from across Europe for his signature.

Potentially great signing if he rekindles prior form...which I would back him to do with Unai in charge.

We wouldn't have had a chance at him a couple of seasons back so trying not to let recency bias skew my view of him.

Â