Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

22 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Pitch invasion would be small time for finishing 4th. Newcastle fans didn't do it last season. Would also ruin the lap of appreciation afterwards given it's a school night.

Agree on all that, would still happen though 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

We didn't win it, that's true, but we did get a lot further than we will in the Champions League. 

We played four games this season vs CL quarter finalists and won 3 of them…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Whatever Arsenal do will not affect the motivation or effort of Manchester City.

I disagree. 

I think city will win the game regardless. But let’s say Spurs do take it to them and are 1-0 up. 

Do you really think the effort from City will be the same if they effectively have a game in hand vs if they absolutely must win the game?

It’s about game states. In that situation then the way City play would definitely be different

• Like 4

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Over to Man. City....

I think it’s a City whitewash now Christos. Only a city win will keep them on course it’ll be all out attack. Beeaauuuttifffuuuuulll!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

FTFY

It's almost like we're not playing or have any dog in this fight 

I'd still be very happy with a draw tomorrow. That changes the dynamics slightly as would then mean Spurs have to beat Man. City.

Not sure we have enough about us to achieve that though, would've been a different story six weeks ago when we had more zip about our play and more options in key positions.

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Let's just beat Liverpool so I don't have to watch that crap on Tuesday, big Flange and the cock gobblers versus Ped and oil cheats - no thanks.

🤣🤣

So a point tomorrow means that a point at Palace secures top four, unless Spurs overturn a GD of 8 against City and Sheffield.

And now I’m convincing myself that Spurs could smash and grab a 2-0 against City and then streamroller Sheffield United 6-0…. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Counterpoint: enjoy the sun and stop overanalysing other the motivations of other teams

It just started raining.

spacer.png

• Haha 3