Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No more training for the rest of the season, just some intense recovery session, massages and video /tactics training.

Our boys are shot. Just let them rest and turn up on game day imo.

I always have wondered if that does help or makes it worse on matchday if you haven’t done any physical exercise for a few days before extreme workout during the match?

5 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

I don't think we can afford to lose by 3 or more goals against Liverpool... if Spurs draw against City they can easily turn our goal difference around..... We have to try and put top 4 to bed in the Liverpool game.... of course, Burnley could play their part.... If we play like we have in the past 3.5 games we'll be lucky to get anything from Liverpool or Palace...  

play like we have last couple of games and full strength Liverpool could put 4 past us 

In an ideal world we could do with Spurs chuffing it up at the first opportunity so that we can send our entire first team on holiday and play our U21s for the rest of the season. 

We're gonna need them fighting fit next year.

1 minute ago, ben1505 said:

Last 3.5 games we have been woeful... it's not about proportioning blame, its just a fact... I personally don't see where another point comes from this season.... so it's down to Spurs not getting 7 points.. if they do, they'll finish 4th.... No champions leauge for us, I fear that we will be asset stripped before the start of next season; Chelsea and others will improve, and we'll never get this chance again....

Is it International Hot Take Day?

2 hours ago, R.Bear said:

Phew that was close. We were in danger of ending our 28 year trophyless run. Now at least we can concentrate on winning the 4th place trophy.

Hopefully we can recreate the success it brought Newcastle of attracting no players we wouldn't have gotten anyway, getting knocked out in the group stage of the CL and finishing 8th next season.

At least you can go shopping or have a tug whilst the rest of us are watching the likes of Vinicius Junior, Mbappe et al on Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s at Villa Park or The Bernbeau, Camp Nou . If we qualify of course.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

While we may be favourites, even strong favourites, I don't see how people can be quite so arrogant/confident to believe it's a sure thing.

Spurs are VERY likely to beat Sheffield Utd and Burnley.

Villa are now just walking wounded and exhausted. Normally it's likely we lose to Liverpool, and Crystal Palace away is hard enough without their current form. Think most would expect us to get nothing from those games, especially at the moment. If people are claiming fatigue, that's not getting better in a week.

So effectively it comes down to ONE game going our way. Tottenham vs City. A game they often get something from. A win isn't impossible, a draw is even more possible. Get a draw and go to Sheffield full throttle with nothing to lose... could score an absolute hatful

Really, we're putting all our eggs in City turning them over... one game... I'm not sure where the confidence comes from.

If it goes to last game of the season, I reckon we end 5th.

Favourites we may be, but it's such fine margins at this point of the season that the one game could spin it all on it's head.

We were guaranteed a final. We were guaranteed 5th being Champions League, we're guaranteed being 4th...

I don't get where the confidence comes from? I've seen nothing in 3.5 games to suggest we'll get anything against a Liverpool side playing freely and a Palace side 2nd in the form table. If someone has seen anything from Villa that I've missed inthe past 3.5 games then they've got better eyesight from me...  Burnley COULD get something against Spurs but I totally agree... it's down the City game... Whilst 5th wouldn't be a bad season, and would be an improvement on last year, I feel that it's make or break to get 4th. We won't get this opportunity again and we'll have to sell our better players if we don't get it across the line...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

At least you can go shopping or have a tug whilst the rest of us are watching the likes of Vinicius Junior, Mbappe et al on Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s at Villa Park or The Bernbeau, Camp Nou . If we qualify of course.

I really don't get this ideology to be fair.

I don't want to watch other teams players. I want to watch Villa winning. Everything. All the time.

"You only came to watch the Villa".. I get the feeling lots of fans just want us to get in to the CL so they can watch other teams.

This might not be quite what you meant. But winning a trophy is far more appealing than seeing ANY club play us at Villa Park.

2 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

I don't get where the confidence comes from? I've seen nothing in 3.5 games to suggest we'll get anything against a Liverpool side playing freely and a Palace side 2nd in the form table. If someone has seen anything from Villa that I've missed inthe past 3.5 games then they've got better eyesight from me...  Burnley COULD get something against Spurs but I totally agree... it's down the City game... Whilst 5th wouldn't be a bad season, and would be an improvement on last year, I feel that it's make or break to get 4th. We won't get this opportunity again and we'll have to sell our better players if we don't get it across the line...

You can say same for Spurs ,I've seen nothing of their recent games ( and I've watched every minute of them ) to suggest they can go from  getting stuffed by Newcastle ,beaten by Chelsea who had no Silva and kids on bench ,3 nil down in 45 mins to Arsenal and 4 nil down to Liverpool to holding off a fully fit City side who want the record for winning league 4 in a row.

25 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Month not day

It's NZ Sign Language Week. You could've signed the previous post instead of typing it

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's NZ Sign Language Week. You could've signed the previous post instead of typing it

Funnily enough, i'm fairly proficient in sign. youngest daughter born bilaterally, profoundly deaf....   I've even learned Maori sign language

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

I’m really not trolling. You are all very stupid people if you genuinely believe that.

Maybe you’re all delusional, I don’t know. I’m off to bed though so continue to chat shit amongst yourselves.

Hopefully you sleep it off. Incredible headloss on display tonight.

3 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Funnily enough, i'm fairly proficient in sign. youngest daughter born bilaterally, profoundly deaf....   I've even learned Maori sign language

Ka pai

Anyone predicting the results at the bottom of the championship on the last day? Nope.  Anyone expecting us to beat Arsenal 2-0? Nope.

Football isn't played on paper and it doesn't always go to form. Not even close to always.

Anything could happen over the next set of games and it probably will. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Ka pai

Tino pai e hoa! I've also scored the year off work to improve my Te Reo... getting to watch more football... which is usually a good thing....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Anyone predicting the results at the bottom of the championship on the last day? Nope.  Anyone expecting us to beat Arsenal 2-0? Nope.

Football isn't played on paper and it doesn't always go to form. Not even close to always.

Anything could happen over the next set of games and it probably will. 

Including Spurs beating Burnley, City and Sheffield and us losing our last two... 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Is it International Hot Take Day?

He's really damaging my opinion of you Kiwis 😅