Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I was right! Hahaaaaaaaa 

You might prove to be right. The only thing that is certain is that Spurs HAVE to win again this season.

It’s still quite possible we don’t need another point and will still finish 4th. I think we probably need to a couple more.

• Like 1

Think we might have a few angry people on here and hour before kick off on Thursday, can really see us going weak on Thursday 

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Knowing our luck, Liverpool will phone in the performance today and put in the performance of the season against us.

If we don't rest players then we struggle against Liverpool like we did today, we look dead on our feet. I think It will go to the last game, Palace. Great season whatever but squad size had cost us. 

Just now, tinker said:

If we don't rest players then we struggle against Liverpool like we did today, we look dead on our feet. I think It will go to the last game, Palace. Great season whatever but squad size had cost us. 

The squad was hit my 3 ACL injuries to important players and several other injuries all season. I think the squad has done incredibly well to sustain things this far.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

The squad was hit my 3 ACL injuries to important players and several other injuries all season. I think the squad has done incredibly well to sustain things this far.

Completely agree. How many other teams could have coped with 3 ACLs and still had a fantastic European campaign and maintained 4th in the PL for most of the season?

3 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Think we might have a few angry people on here and hour before kick off on Thursday, can really see us going weak on Thursday 

It might not be a bad ploy.  If we can go in at half time 0-0 or sneak a 1-0 lead, we can bring the likes of Ollie and Bailey on in the second half.  It's putting an actual XI together that's the problem.  Even Chambers can't play as he isn't in the 25 man squad.

Fact is we have half a first team out and have had for most of the season in one way or another.

It's caught up and they have nothing left. We are going to struggle to get a point in the last 2 games.

Spurs have almost a full squad and no European football.

Spurs should be favourites at this point.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

You might prove to be right. The only thing that is certain is that Spurs HAVE to win again this season.

It’s still quite possible we don’t need another point and will still finish 4th. I think we probably need to a couple more.

I think neither team will get to 70 and we will finish 4th 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pete101 said:

I agree with Emery if this is his thinking for Thursday.  If Spurs get a point or three today, then we need to be fresher and mentally prepared for Liverpool.

5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Me too. CL is the priority. 

Winning the ECL doesn't qualify us for CL anymore?

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Fact is we have half a first team out and have had for most of the season in one way or another.

It's caught up and they have nothing left. We are going to struggle to get a point in the last 2 games.

Spurs have almost a full squad and no European football.

Spurs should be favourites at this point.

Agree with the first bit not the last

Points on the board + the better goal difference means we're still favourites 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pete101 said:

If they can't see that the first teamers are absolutely exhausted and think of the greater good then i don't know what to say.

Just now, troon_villan said:

Already shown loads more

That really wouldn't be hard