Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Surely it's much easier for Man U to get UCL, by finishing 5th? Anyone with any doubts as to how doomed Utd are, and therefore how likely we are to get 5th - should read this article.

5 hours ago, RichW said:

Arsenal and Man City tonight

Atletico Madrid tomorrow

West Ham/Liverpool Thursday night whilst we are putting Lille to the sword. 

Imagine if all that needs to happen at the end for us to get 5th and champions league is for us to win ECL to gain enough points for England

Pure villa it and lose the final.

39 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

No offence mate but I am calling this out. It is bad enough when it comes from fans of other clubs without us doing it.

Within the last 5 years alone we had to win the play offs to get promoted in 2019. We had to beat Arsenal to give ourselves a chance of staying up in 2019-20. We had to beat Brighton to qualify for Europe in 2023-24.

Have some faith. Let's not propagate a myth.

Calm down lad it was slightly tongue in cheek. I'm not that miserable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

There's barrel scraping and there's barrel scraping... then, underneath the barrel, 20ft underground there's this utter drivel

So the Daily Mail reckon that Utd are looking unlikely to catch us up in 5th, but they still have a chance of CL football by virtue of West Ham (a point behind Utd, played a game more and not won in 4), overtaking both Utd and us, getting 5th and then also having to win the Europa League at the same time.

F*** me, are we sure they haven't just pulled this from Viz?

The story lede is what irritates me. It implies that non-CL leagues aren't really Europe. It thereby denigrates (in the usual ManU entitled way) all the clubs playing Europa and Europa Conference football.

Manchester United fans may feel as though Europe is slipping away from the once more - in a sight they have become far too accustomed to in the last few years.

8 hours ago, Pinebro said:

It's a shame 

Would be nice to see the Villa in the old format at least once

We'd have to win the league first.

:D

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Imagine if all that needs to happen at the end for us to get 5th and champions league is for us to win ECL to gain enough points for England

Pure villa it and lose the final.

If all that happens then we wont need to worry about Villa winning the final. It will be guaranteed.

You can bet your bottom dollar Emery won't be interested in any of this finishing fifth bullshit, he will be telling the players if you want Champions League we have to get fourth place, which for me is still very much a possiblity, utterly disrespectful to our team and Emery the way many have written us off, despite being on the exact same points as Spurs, and us being the fourth best team in the league since Emery came in

Edited by useless
  • Like 1