Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Isn't this also what happens at the start of the season when teams are just finding their feet, and also in the middle of the season when Cup matches and international breaks and the holiday schedule mean that games are coming thick and fast?

Basically, it's league football.

not really....you'll get a team down the bottom put a run together out of the blue

a bit like us when we stayed up !!!!

33 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Have you got CVByrne on mute?

No, his posts are too funny to hide away.

One person losing it doesn't mean anyone nervous should be tarred with same brush.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No, his posts are too funny to hide away.

One person losing it doesn't mean anyone nervous should be tarred with same brush.

Yeah I'm pretty fickle myself in the run in to be fair... But within the reason and context that whatever happens, overall we have still done great and overall trajectory is up.

I do understand the outlook of some being scared that we will never have an opportunity this good again to secure Champions League though.

Alot of us have PTSD 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Where ever we finish this season it's pretty likely we will be in Europe in some shape or form next season, obviously I'd like champs league but will get over it if we don't get it. 

I think whatever happens, once the dust settles ill be incredibly proud, as I already am. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

They can

With prediction I replied to they would need 7 wins from 7 and probably wouldn't be enough on goal difference

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

With prediction I replied to they would need 7 wins from 7 and probably wouldn't be enough on goal difference

Ah.. then in that case they wouldn’t. 

13 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Where did you find this table?

It's whoscored sorted by Away games. Last 8 away games they've only beaten Forest and us

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's whoscored sorted by Away games. Last 8 away games they've only beaten Forest and us

For further context. Newcastle have only been beaten once in last 6 home games, by Man City, who scored a 91st minute winner. Spurs are far from guaranteed anything from that game.

40 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Just looking at the table. If we're considering utd are in the race for top 5, why not west ham and newcastle? 

More chance of Wham and Newcastle finishing ahead of Manure than Manure finishing ahead of us

57 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Just looking at the table. If we're considering utd are in the race for top 5, why not west ham and newcastle? 

I've not discounted them or Chelsea until it's mathematically over.

I'm also concious of our run at the end of last season to secure Europe... How far out were we with six games remaining? That's not rhetorical, I don't know!! But it's a lot easier, mentally, chasing than being pursued.

We've had DECADES of struggling, it's hard to be confident things will work out. Someone going to chase us down? CL place not going to England? What's going to go wrong?!

Feels this is/was our opportunity for CL and now it's out our hands in the league and as regards coefficients. We might make the most of it with our owners. But miss out, and I think we'll fall back while we lose players and have to address finances.

I'm terrified!!! Thinking the worst will happen makes it easier to cope with, rather than being crushed when it does! I just can't see it all going right from this point... I hope more than anyone that I'm wrong and will take ZERO delight if my fears become reality.

5 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I'm also concious of our run at the end of last season to secure Europe... How far out were we with six games remaining? That's not rhetorical, I don't know!! But it's a lot easier, mentally, chasing than being pursued.

We've had DECADES of struggling, it's hard to be confident things will work out. Someone going to chase us down? CL place not going to England? What's going to go wrong?!

Feels this is/was our opportunity for CL and now it's out our hands in the league and as regards coefficients. We might make the most of it with our owners. But miss out, and I think we'll fall back while we lose players and have to address finances.

I'm terrified!!! Thinking the worst will happen makes it easier to cope with, rather than being crushed when it does! I just can't see it all going right from this point... I hope more than anyone that I'm wrong and will take ZERO delight if my fears become reality.

We will finish 5th and that will easily be enough. It won't even be close on the coefficient.

We will be in CL next season barring an absolutely ridiculous set of results that just won't happen. 

3 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

We will finish 5th and that will easily be enough. It won't even be close on the coefficient.

We will be in CL next season barring an absolutely ridiculous set of results that just won't happen. 

Then, next season, we'll lose all our games in the CL and finish about 11th in the league

Sweet dreams, don't have nightmares

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

It’s really not that far fetched that Bayern, Dortmund and Leverkusen all qualify. And that Madrid knock City out.

• Like 3

Let’s not forget Villa in the last few years have produced when mattered. 10 games in a row, making up 7 point with 4 games to go, getting 7th out of nowhere last season in a crunch match against Brighton. Believe.

• Like 2