Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Just now, omariqy said:

Yup 2 points or 0.25 to add to the co-efficient rankings

So that's not too bad then. West Ham win the first leg 2-1 at home but lose 3-0 away and England still gets some points while Dortmund and Bayern Munich perhaps go out of the CL while Man. City and Arsenal progress.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Our midfield wins loads of games without Kamara. Was happening this time last year and we won three straight after the Man. United game, indeed we've won 4 of our last 7 prem matches which is fine at any stage of the season.

Kamara is good of course but to me Luiz is the one we couldn't afford to be without for months this season and thankfully that hasn't happened.

Sure we have, but not necessarily because of them but also in spite of them. I think Luiz has been quite poor for a while now and we're pretty weak in the middle.

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Spurs going:

Arsenal H

Chelsea A

Liverpool A

In the space of 7 days. Brutal

It could also be Man City H, Arsenal H, Chelsea A, Liverpool A in 12 days.  

Or Arsenal H, Chelsea A, Liverpool A, Man City H in 12 days. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It could also be Man City H, Arsenal H, Chelsea A, Liverpool A in 12 days.  

Or Arsenal H, Chelsea A, Liverpool A, Man City H in 12 days. 

I think that City game will be sandwiched in between Burnley and Sheffield United. It’s the only free week assuming City go through to the Semis.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, duke313 said:

You have to remember he supports Man Utd, they’re entitled to win everything don’t you know.

Oh to be that used to winning….

it would be nice

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I think if you'd have said before the start of the season that we'd be without Mings and Buendia for all of it, Ramsey for basically all of it, Kamara for over a third of it, Moreno for almost half of it and Torres for a couple of months with only Rogers coming into the first team in January, most (myself included) probably would've predicted 7th at best. The fact that we're almost certain to finish top 6, and in all likelihood probably top 5 with a decent chance of 4th, is frankly absurd.

Honestly, its a minor miracle. Tbh I thought we would finish 6th/7th because of Europe regardless of the injuries. To get to the quarter final as well as what you have said is just astonishing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Honestly, its a minor miracle. Tbh I thought we would finish 6th/7th because of Europe regardless of the injuries. To get to the quarter final as well as what you have said is just astonishing. 

Oh yeah I forgot about our progress in the Conference League. The fact that we've been able to successfully juggle that as well is again, ridiculous.

• Like 2

Just now, The_Steve said:

It’s another remarkable run from Unai and the lads. To be in fourth this late into the season with our injuries is just something I never thought possible. Whatever the outcome, how can you not be proud. 

To be in this position even with minimal injuries would be a very good showing, to be honest.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd rather be pessimistic/ cautious than to deal with heartbreak.

I hear you. I understand. It's football. But I'm going to let my heart be free and breakable. How many times have we been able to embrace such incredible possibilities as Villa supporters? I don't want to look back and feel like I let a glum outlook seal me off what the excitement of others, even at the risk of looking a fool (which I do anyway everyday). It's only football. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Oh yeah I forgot about our progress in the Conference League. The fact that we've been able to successfully juggle that as well is again, ridiculous.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ljjtctdf4vw0i9vu5x

• Like 2

Every game appears to be the game of the season, but tomorrow if we win that with Spurs and Utd failing to win, we’d have done very well for our season, then a crucial week in Europe. If we can confirm everything as early as possible, we’ll then be able to increase value for Tim and Kesler, also give Kellyman more time. While Duran and Rogers can both have more starts.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Shows that we should be able to progress or sustain this next season too even without making many signings if we can avoid such injuries next season.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I hear you. I understand. It's football. But I'm going to let my heart be free and breakable. How many times have we been able to embrace such incredible possibilities as Villa supporters? I don't want to look back and feel like I let a glum outlook seal me off what the excitement of others, even at the risk of looking a fool (which I do anyway everyday). It's only football. 

I’m a believer mate 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AVTuco said:

And now Ramsey out for season. Unai is truly a wizard if we get CL.

I'm seriously concerned about the end of the season. There are so many tough games and the squad looks like it's running on fumes and falling apart with injury. A couple more players out and it could be proper desperate stuff 

47 minutes ago, omariqy said:

The abuse Jill Scott gets in the comments sections of those videos is a **** disgrace. 

And there she is predicting the score bang on

• Like 1