Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

No idea how Brentford didn't win that, but dropped points are always welcome.

Another dreadful performance by United too. I honestly don't see how they get more than 62 or so points...

7 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

United are shit and won’t get 5th. 

Gap from us to them is 11 points, gap from us to the top - as a comparison to how this looks to their fans right now versus to us - is only 5. Obviously both could/will shift with games in hand but even if they had that as a guaranteed win I don’t think they will make up 8 points to us in 8 games. 

• Like 1

Holding 31 shots to Brentford is absolutely outrageous. They are such a bad side. 

Hope they keep ETH in charge for as long as possible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WHY said:

Every time I watch United I get more annoyed that we aren’t at least 20 points clear of them. 

Every time I watch man United and Newcastle I can't believe that this season of all seasons we took zero points off them. Just think of that and then think we are currently five points of top. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jayEm said:

United are, at best (assuming they win game in hand), 8 points behind us with 8 to go. Effectively 9 given the goal difference. They'd need 1.13 PPG more than us from the rest of the season to finish above us.

It is 9 isn't it. There wouldn't be any point them finishing on the same points as us as they would finish below us. When is their game in hand?

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

Every time I watch man United and Newcastle I can't believe that this season of all seasons we took zero points off them. Just think of that and then think we are currently five points of top. 

Had we won just one of those Man U games, we would be 17 points clear. Had we won both we would be 23 clear. Crazy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Gap from us to them is 11 points, gap from us to the top - as a comparison to how this looks to their fans right now versus to us - is only 5. Obviously both could/will shift with games in hand but even if they had that as a guaranteed win I don’t think they will make up 8 points to us in 8 games. 

Yep if we’re out of the title race, they’re doubly out of the 4th/5th race 

• Like 2

I’ve been a Villa fan since ‘88 . This is the worst Manure side ever. They’re so shit but have one or two players that can create a moment.

Reputation has got them the points they have. How we dropped 6 points to these scummy clearings in the woods I’ll never know. 

• Like 3

That equaliser for Brentford feels absolutely massive for our Champions League hopes.

United are going to have to go on one hell of a run now and we'll have to really go off the rails.

Been a great day of football and 3 or 4 more wins surely will be enough. UTV!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I think 10 more points gets us 5th, 13-14 more for 4th…

10 points is 5th at a canter. Utd would have to win 7 and draw 1 of their last 9 games to beat us. 

I honestly think 6 more points will probably be enough for 5th. Maybe less

• Like 4

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

It is 9 isn't it. There wouldn't be any point them finishing on the same points as us as they would finish below us. When is their game in hand?

I said that didn't I? They're 8 behind us assuming they win the game in hand, so need 9 more than us to finish above us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yep if we’re out of the title race, they’re doubly out of the 4th/5th race 

Yep, we stil have to play them, we win them games.... makes it interesting 🤣

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Had we won just one of those Man U games, we would be 17 points clear. Had we won both we would be 23 clear. Crazy.

We'd also be top of the premier league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

I’ve been a Villa fan since ‘88 . This is the worst Manure side ever. They’re so shit but have one or two players that can create a moment.

Reputation has got them the points they have. How we dropped 6 points to these scummy clearings in the woods I’ll never know. 

Our defence was decimated when we played them.