Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 hour ago, holteend1982 said:

Gained a point on spurs this weekend and no injuries or suspensions. Onto the internationals and come back ready for the challenge. 

And one more game down to the 38

• Like 1

I'd imagine this time yesterday we all thought we'd have to win today to maintain the same gap to Tottenham. As it is though we've only drew but have gained a point on them.

There are going to many more twists and turns but that is another game played and we are another point better off on our main rival for 4th. Onto the next. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

We have to beat wolves at home and I think we will. A task that would be far easier if our captain had not decided to completely **** up our run in.

Think we'll lose to wolves - they have a curse over us

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Good news that United have at least one extra game to play 

Which game gets cancelled now for them on FA cup SF weekend?

I know we have Bournemouth at home so that's a huge chance for us to win that and get a probable unassailable lead over them.

We are actually now 9 ahead of them even if they have a very winnable game in hand so it still requires a four game swing where they need to get more positive results than us.

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Think we'll lose to wolves - they have a curse over us

They barely have any attackers fit.

I actually thought the point at Molineux earlier this season was pretty good as it was achieved in a similar manner to today and majority agree today was a good point. They'd just beaten Man. City the week before after all.

The problem last season was Unai having massive respect for Lopetegui and I think he overthought the two games and we conceded early and it was a massive struggle.

Basically we need to be attacking the Holte in the first half and score in first 20 minutes and then we will be o.k.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Which game gets cancelled now for them on FA cup SF weekend?

I know we have Bournemouth at home so that's a huge chance for us to win that and get a probable unassailable lead over them.

We are actually now 9 ahead of them even if they have a very winnable game in hand so it still requires a four game swing where they need to get more positive results than us.

Spurs v City will be moved that weekend 

Just now, WHY said:

Spurs v City will be moved that weekend 

That's going into the final midweek isn't it so pretty certain Man. City will need to win that to win the league or stay in contention.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Good news that United have at least one extra game to play 

almost certainly 2, barring an absolutely hilarious disaster for them

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

We have to beat Wolves. We just have to. They’ve got big injury troubles up front and they’re at our place. This is one of the fixtures we need to win to allow us a slip up elsewhere. 

It’s a fixture we just have to win. If we lose all bets are off. 

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We have to beat Wolves. We just have to. They’ve got big injury troubles up front and they’re at our place. This is one of the fixtures we need to win to allow us a slip up elsewhere. 

Agreed. We can’t keep saying we’ve got other games to pick up the points. We must beat wolves. 

Keep picking up points or grinding out results, welcome our captain (refreshed, revitalised, determined and focussed) back and finish the season in a blaze of glory!!

Much like the last one… let’s have McGinn pumping up the crowd again 😆

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I think 3 wins and 2 draws from here, before we play Palace  may yet be enough 

Spurs need 15 points to get to 68.

3 wins enough to get 4th??

I think we’ll need 5 wins from the 9 games left.

9 games left for 14 points (4th)/ 9 points (5th)

Wolves (h) - draw

City (a) - loss

Brentford (h) - win

Arse (a) - loss

Bournemouth (h) - win

Chelsea (h) - draw

Brighton (a) - loss

Plop (h) - loss

Palace (a) - win

I think we'll get something like that, enough for 5th and squeaky bum time for 4th

Tielemans continues to concern me… surprised Tim didn’t get any minutes but… he’s probably not ready… especially for a tough away game like that.

Youri is too slow and sloppy in possession…. 26 but plays like 36… why is the guy alway so knackered??? Frustrating how easily he loses the ball…

Can he sharpen up somehow?

Luiz has to play in the deepest or most defensive position for now… 

46 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

We have to beat wolves at home and I think we will. A task that would be far easier if our captain had not decided to completely **** up our run in.

Take by your multiple posts that you haven't forgiven John McGinn yet.?

• Haha 1