Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Spurs tend to shit the bed against the shitter sides though so i wouldnt say 12 pts from them games is guaranteed.

True this is the part of the season when they tend to go very Spursy too. 

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

70 will not be enough for fourth. Fifth yes but definitely not fourth. Spurs need 17 points from remaining games to hit 70. They should get 12 from their games v Sheffield Utd, burnley, forest and luton. That means they will only need 5 from all of their other games to hit 70 which is extremely likely with how good they currently look. 

Yeah fair I didn’t do the maths on 4th. I was really just making the point that it’s way more than we need for 5th

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Stressful worrying about all the different permutations. I hate it and love it at the same time. I’m sitting here reading about when the wolves players are back from injuries ffs.

We really really really should be beating them. They gave Coventry so much space today and then imploded right at the end. Think Cunha is the only one of their forwards in with a chance of being involved and they have injuries in other areas of the pitch.

I think a nice 2 or 3 nil win against a bogey team would settle everyone down on this thread. Reminds me of when we won convincingly against West Ham in October and that sparked a very nice run for us up to the end of 2023.

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Dragon

Fire-y (Fiery) Character 😂

Dragusin yeah is highly rated but he’s no VDV yet and will take time to settle and adapt to the pace of this league.  He could though be brilliant from get go just like VDV.  Who knows, rather VDV was missing as long as possible though.

A loss for Tottenham would be as good as a Villa win but a win for Tottenham wouldn't be as bad as a Villa loss, so got nothing to lose 😍

Us and Tottenham are where we are because we’re capable of brilliance but also dropping a bollock which is why it’s silly to think they will 100% overtake us due to the game in hand. 

United even more so. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Long way to go but I do rate Fulham. Seem to give most teams a game.

just showed a stat saying in the 11 games they have gone ahead in this year they have won 9 and drawn 2

• Like 2