Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'm sure CV Byrne must be looking at some alternative data. Every time a German side even scores a goal in Europe it's some unmitigated disaster.

England will have at least five teams in CL next season.

What happens if it's a West Ham-Liverpool Europa final? Do West Ham get the extra spot even with a loss?

He wrote our season off after the United game and seemed quite down about it. 3 wins laters I asked if he felt a bit better and no reply. 

Guess some people just like to imagine the worst scenario.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

re united.

They would need to average 2 PPG for the last 10 games to hit 67 points, we would need to achieve 1.2 PG for the last 10 games to hit 67 points.

We have the goal difference advantage currently, so in all likelihood we would need to drop just below 1.2 PPG, while manure maintain 2 PPG, for us to lose 5th.

Anything is possible ofc, but fingers crossed we dont drop off that badly for the last 10 games.

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What happens if it's a West Ham-Liverpool Europa final? Do West Ham get the extra spot even with a loss?

No if West Ham lose the final. 

But what if they win the cup? Does West Ham qualify into the CL as a 6th English team or do they take the 5th spot from the league?

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

But what if they win the cup? Does West Ham qualify into the CL as a 6th English team or do they take the 5th spot from the league?

6th English team.

10 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Will be six teams, read it in the paper. Europa league winner always gets CL spot now regardless of who gets the two extra spots through the league.

I read there was a possibility of 7 English teams but not likely now with arsenal/city already almost qualifying via league place 

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

West Ham looked very good tonight. Kudus especially. Will be a really tough game for us. 

Hopefully they have all eyes on winning the Europa League and mentally we have the edge. Although that can also lead to extra pressure.  I’d take a point.

So with how tough we’re making it, we still have some things to follow. Three draws on Friday, Fulham and Spurs Saturday. 
Fulham has been great to us, hopefully they continue their favors.

• Like 1

A win against West Ham at these circumstances will mean a lot to us, will put us in a really decent position before the next derby game. 
Big game for Duran and Tim, they need to step up, and make the manager think again how to go for the next couple of games. It’s their chance. If we won our games, McGinn red card could be good for our next couple of games, he gets rest, Tim gets more confidence. But ofcourse so far it will big a very big miss by the look of it. Up to Tim to show us different outcome. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Emery thinks Ollie will be back for Sunday

I hope you're right. I feel like Emery has a slight history of understating injuries, maybe trying to keep spirits up, etc. But I hope as we all do Ollie heals quickly. ❤️‍🩹

Edited by Marka Ragnos

On 12/03/2024 at 13:00, omariqy said:

Just looked at Man Utd fixtures. They are pretty tough. 

Next 3 are Brentford, Chelsea away and Liverpool at home. They’ve only really got Burnley at home which is a banker. The rest are pretty difficult.  If I was to guess and be really optimistic for them.  

Brentford (a) - W

Chelsea (a) - D

Liverpool (h) - D

Bournemouth (a) - W

Newcastle (h) - W

Burnley (h) - W

Palace (a) - W

Arsenal (h) - D

Brighton (a) - D

That would be 19 points for them on the uber optimistic side I would say. That would put them on 66 points. We would only need 11/12 points therefore. 

Damn forgot about Sheff United at home. So 22 points at the very best. 

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Damn forgot about Sheff United at home. So 22 points at the very best. 

Fair, but (I know you said this already) most United fans wouldn't call that string of results optimistic, they'd call it fantasy.