Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Can somebody tell me, does he mean if we lose to West Ham, it's *Man United* who'll finish above us?

Yes who will be 5 points behind us again as they'll win their rescheduled fixture at home to Burnley. They are only 8 points behind us at the moment

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yes who will be 5 points behind us again as they'll win their rescheduled fixture at home to Burnley. They are only 8 points behind us at the moment

They have Brentford next - away. They don’t play Burnley till end of April

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Ifs and buts.

If gave up on the season, enjoy your summer and come back next season. Football is only a game

10 minutes ago, omariqy said:

They have Brentford next - away. They don’t play Burnley till end of April

Hence me saying the rescheduled game. Ie they will win the game in hand. It's not like Spurs game in hand who are away to Chelsea 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Hence me saying the rescheduled game. Ie they will win the game in hand. It's not like Spurs game in hand who are away to Chelsea 

They play Burnley on a Saturday

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Their game in hand is against Sheffield United but your point still stands. My point is that by the time that game comes around who knows what the position will be. If they are 2 points behind with that game to play then yeah be worried. They’ve still got to win a good 6/7 games until then to be in contention. 

• Like 1

Apart from City and Arsenal, our remaining games look very winnable to me

Despite the loss to Spurs I think we still got a great chance to finish 4th

Edited by Pinebro

Just now, jayEm said:

Arsenal - Bayern in the CL quarter finals -- massive game for the coefficient surely?

Just need City Dortmund now :D 

3 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Arsenal - Bayern in the CL quarter finals -- massive game for the coefficient surely?

I mean it's currently 88.1% chance premier league, so Germany need way more than Bayern win

Arsenal and City will meet in the semi-finals if they get there, so if they beat Bayern and Real respectively, we're guaranteed a semi-final victory. That would be a very positive outcome

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I think he means if we lose to West Ham United, then that United will finish above us.

Only would take a 13 point overhaul but they'll probably do it

Nah based on the scenario he mentioned they would be 5 points behind us. United can get 5th but the lack of faith from some of our fans whenever we have a set back is depressing. 

Thankfully most try to remain optimistic.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

well i've already set the champions league music as my ringtone and i aint changing it now so lets just sort it out one way or another okay Villa

There’s a decent recorder version out there.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah based on the scenario he mentioned they would be 5 points behind us. United can get 5th but the lack of faith from some of our fans whenever we have a set back is depressing. 

Thankfully most try to remain optimistic.

I was being entirely insincere :) 

• Like 1

For Germany to get to the extra spot now, Bayern/Dortmund would need to win the whole thing, and Bayer win the UL, with pretty much every one of our teams going out in the QFs.

• Like 1