Sie sind die Besten
These are the champions

Die Meister
Die Besten
Les grandes équipes
The champions

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I do agree with you but in fairness, there was some horrendous refereeing decision in that Sheffield United game. In most of the games we've not won this season the refereeing wasn't really decisive but in that game it definitely was.

Agree with this, it's a game Villa should have won and the officials completely screwed us.

Imagine the confidence in the team to be top at Christmas, I think it would have been a powerful motivation.

But we are fourth which is still brilliant...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Need to rename this thread the ‘Bipolar thread’

This is the greatest thread I've ever started! If it's being re-named it's being re-named to the "Don knew all along" thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

This is the greatest thread I've ever started! If it's being re-named it's being re-named to the "Don knew all along" thread.

It’s the greatest thread since threads began. And you started it. You are a special person. I bet you piss threads of gold. 🙌🙌🙌😉

Edited by Marka Ragnos

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It’s the greatest thread since threads began. And you started it. You are a special person. I bet you piss threads of gold. 🙌🙌🙌😉

Cheers mate, appreciate it. 

• Like 1

Don't think "lack of depth" is our issue. It's the lack of cutting edge play. If two of JJ, Diaby, Tielamans and Zaniolo consistantly performed up to their potential, we would be in the title race.  

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

So are you now thinking our seasons isn’t a write off due to our lack of January business which according to you last week it was ?

I still think Champions league will be a write off, being pleased with a result doesn't change that. I do support Aston Villa, I am allowed to be happy with 3 points.

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

Huge game coming up for Utd against Luton. Hopefully they lose it, that would give us more space. 
If we can win next game while Utd and Spurs lose some points it would give us a chance to have more focus as well in the UECL. 
Let’s take it one at a time, Nottingham has improved lately hopefully we can beat them and win again at home. 

We need to stop being so reactionary.

After the man utd game people was acting like the season was over and there was nothing left to play for.

We were 1 point off 4th and i nthe knockout stages in Europe.

This forum just confuses me sometimes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Good results for us today. Just such a shame that the season is over already. 

I was trying to write something similar but I wasn't being concise enough.

This sums up my thoughts perfectly...

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

After the man utd game people was acting like the season was over and there was nothing left to play for.

I think people are allowed to be affected after a match, match to match emotions are pretty normal. I will admit to waivering in my beliefs after certain results.

I think it's more people that post non stop all week about how it's all over, and how we are just the same old villa, that probably need to chill out.

14 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I thought it was a vocal minority after the Man U game (haven't seen said posters tonight), 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

It wasn’t the Man U game so much. That was actually really encouraging and gave many belief we’d make top 4. It was more the Kamara injury that put fans on a real downer.. 

Agree some of the reactions have been way over the top though.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I thought it was a vocal minority after the Man U game (haven't seen said posters tonight), 

Yeah, a few missing on the match thread too… was much more pleasant 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Forty years of disappointment is a long time to build up an array of defense mechanisms.

I think Villa fans are largely hopeful, but some protect themselves from disappointment by imagining the worst. I do think it’s actually a little better than it used to be. Progress. 

• Like 4