Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Just now, switters said:

Need at minimum 7 from next 3 now to get back on track ahead of Spurs game

We have to beat Forest. Would be one win from six games at VP which wouldn't be good enough. A away win would be good yeah. We never do much at Fulham so probably do well to get a battling draw so Luton is the crucial one really. They'll be spamming crosses in left right and centre so we really need Pau and Konsa both out there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

It doesn't help to be negative.

This fanbase have to change this loser mentality.

It's everything to play for still. Beyond me how fans can just give up now when we have 3 favorable games coming up

I do think there's something in this. As a fanbase we do some prone to extreme negativity and pessimism. It's no longer such a mystery to me why our home form has dipped so badly recently.

I said in the match thread, we over achieved in the first half of the season. We're still 5th and in with a shot of Top 4, although it will be a big ask. 

We don't have the squad for the Champions League yet. 

5th or 6th and win the ECL would be a wonderful season still. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pinebro said:

And they didn't deserve it

That's football sometimes

It was first top 9 away win in like 3 years and the amount of people who called it in here was staggering, it was just always going to be. Same as bloody rasmus not scoring for like 20 games till guess who rolls around! We have a painful habit of breaking players and teams shite runs

Just now, Mantis said:

I do think there's something in this. As a fanbase we do some prone to extreme negativity and pessimism.

Brummies by their very nature are quite pessimistic. It feels like it seeps into the atmosphere at times. 

Just now, Xela said:

I said in the match thread, we over achieved in the first half of the season. We're still 5th and in with a shot of Top 4, although it will be a big ask. 

We don't have the squad for the Champions League yet. 

5th or 6th and win the ECL would be a wonderful season still. 

6th would be a serious blow given where we were.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

Too many bottle jobs in this team, fold under pressure just like that Sheffield Utd game when we could have gone top. 

Luiz is the biggest culprit for this. 

Best we have played for 10 games, clam down. I was the first to say the midfield were uselss against Chelsea, not today, we lost by a good goal, an didn't finish our ownchances, half of them cause Onana had the game of his life. We rarely beat Man U, not sure what the shock is.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Best we have played for 10 games, clam down. I was the first to say the midfield were uselss against Chelsea, not today, we lost by a good goal, an didn't finish our ownchances, half of them cause Onana had the game of his life. We rarely beat Man U, not sure what the shock is.

tst,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

It's not even extreme negativity. Our season is coming apart these past 2 months, I don't understand why that's such a problem to say on this forum. 

We built such a strong gap losing it would be a proper disappointment, no matter how good a 6th place finish on paper would be. Especially if we did lose it to that United side, they are hideous I don't know how they keep getting results. 

Like I said, we aren't all of sudden done in the race for top 5/4 now that is nonsense but we're dropping some really poor points now and it's not good. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Brummies by their very nature are quite pessimistic. It feels like it seeps into the atmosphere at times. 

They are letting us down, I have high expectations.

6 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

Too many bottle jobs in this team, fold under pressure just like that Sheffield Utd game when we could have gone top. 

Luiz is the biggest culprit for this. 

Bottle jobs such a shite term. You can get beat without bottling it you know, we was unlucky v sheff u and done well to score in stoppage time to draw, today was just bad finishing. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

The only reason were ahead of the chasing pack is because of our pre christmas form.

We have looked a shadow of that ever since and choked hard.

We didn’t choke hard today. We were incredibly unlucky.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

But it has been going for 6 months and we have now been crap for 1/3 of it. 

And yet still in a good position.

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

It's not even extreme negativity. Our season is coming apart these past 2 months, I don't understand why that's such a problem to say on this forum. 

We built such a strong gap losing it would be a proper disappointment, no matter how good a 6th place finish on paper would be. Especially if we did lose it to that United side, they are hideous I don't know how they keep getting results. 

Like I said, we aren't all of sudden done in the race for top 5/4 now that is nonsense but we're dropping some really poor points now and it's not good. 

That's what most people are taking issue with tbf. I don't think anyone is seriously disputing that our form has dropped off recently.