Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

On 03/12/2023 at 20:05, HanoiVillan said:

We are *1 point* behind Manchester City after *14 games*. Imagine if someone had predicted that in the summer. Imagine if they'd predicted that after the Newcastle game! Mind-bending stuff. 

That comment aged like milk. 🍻😉

Another 11 wins and we're in I think (if we draw a few more games in second half of the season).

Feasible we could just do it on imperious VP form although I expect we'll get 3-4 more away wins at least.

Now 13 points clear of Chelsea so they're nothing to worry about. However they could be useful in second half of the season as they have all of Newcastle, Man. United and Spurs at home. No chance they lose all three at Stamford Bridge.

Still 5 points clear of Man. United and they have Liverpool and West Ham away coming up so I'm confident points different will remain similar when we go to Old Trafford. Would be a huge statement to win there.

Hopefully West Ham get something at Spurs tonight. Spurs-Newcastle on Sunday so that will be good for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Hopefully West Ham get something at Spurs tonight. Spurs-Newcastle on Sunday so that will be good for us.

I think West Ham should be able to take points off Spurs - they are struggling now. An Everton win would be a lovely bonus.

Can't see Liverpool failing to beat Palace at the weekend, Utd at home vs Bournemouth is an easier game and City have Luton so really should get back to winning form. Getting something from Arsenal would be huge.

• Like 2

I saw a post on YouTube that Villa have had the toughest start to the season in the Premier League with our opponents averaging 1.47PPG this season.  By comparison Arsenal have had the easiest at 1.10PPG.  Granted this doesn't take into account home vs away.  But I really fancy our chances to maintain this form and dare I say improve on it...  notwithstanding injuries of course!  UTV

6 hours ago, rubberman said:

I think West Ham should be able to take points off Spurs - they are struggling now. An Everton win would be a lovely bonus.

Can't see Liverpool failing to beat Palace at the weekend, Utd at home vs Bournemouth is an easier game and City have Luton so really should get back to winning form. Getting something from Arsenal would be huge.

If Spurs reach the same standards they did v us I think they'll edge out West Ham personally. They'll play completely different to what we did down there so will be interesting watch but Moyes isn't great at getting points away to top 6 teams.