Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

8 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Everton in cup, Stevenage in cup, Warsaw in cup, Leicester in league last season, all horse shite teams we should have crushed tbh but sometimes just unlucky.

Stevenage was a horrible day at the office. Pretty unconvincing to go 1-0 up and then tragic game management in the closing minutes. However we've learnt since then with how we've seen tight games out.

You really thought we'd stick 4-5 past Warsaw with Chambers at RB and an understrength CM, I certainly didn't.

Look at how Luiz played v Everton compared to his God like form in the premier league. He wasn't bothered on the night so I think players got the vibe from Emery it wasn't a priority. 

I think when only one prem game is being mentioned in these examples in the whole of 2023 it suggests we're o.k at not messing up v bottom end teams anymore (cue us being 3-0 down to Luton after half an hour now I've typed that. 👍)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Real opportunity tommorow and the following week to extend our lead over newcastle....Can go 8 clear potentially as Newcastle have arsenal up next whilst we have luton nd forest....Also they have a league cup game 3 days before which will tire them out and a tough game against dortmund following that which im sure will be their focus.....all we can do is try our best to win these next 2 and im feeling confident we can do that, starting with the game tommorow UTV

The short term plan I'd say should be to get a decent lead over 6th place. That looks possible to me considering we also have Bournemouth away in next five league games so 9-10 points should be very possible.

If we can do that then slowly reel Spurs in like we did expertly from March last season. They will drop points with what they've got coming up in next 5-6 matches.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The short term plan I'd say should be to get a decent lead over 6th place. That looks possible to me considering we also have Bournemouth away in next five league games so 9-10 points should be very possible.

If we can do that then slowly reel Spurs in like we did expertly from March last season. They will drop points with what they've got coming up in next 5-6 matches.

We've got a tough month to come in December as well though. So we need to pick up as.many points as we can over the next three if possible.

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

At some point we will hit a sticky patch, that's football so I'm ready for it but bloody hell ain't this good right now

KuENd1Q.png

Can't see us going on a losing run under Emery.

5 points clear on Newcastle and Brighton is huge

It takes time to get used to us winning 70% of our matches, not that long ago I would have been ok with it if we won 1 in 3. Not to mention the number of goals we scores at the moment, it feels so unreal. Almost forgot to mention 12 successive home wins. This is like being offered a new Rolex for £100, it is too good to be true.

Two more “easy” opponents, hopefully we can increase the gap down to 6th place, and get in among the top 4.

• Like 2