Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

These are reasonably famous, beat Man. United in europe as recently as Feb 2016 (return leg Rashford scored his first senior goals) and at the time Pione Sisto was playing for them and the big hope of Danish football before his career crashed.

Brentford also have a link up with them.

Just seen Hibs lost to an Andorran team. Will probably win the return leg comfortably but reminds me of when Celtic lost to Lincoln Red Imps.

What, the Andorians are in this competition? That's the same as Australia being in the Eurovision Song Contest. I didn't know UEFA had opened this competition up to new worlds and new civilizations, no matter though, UE's Villa are prepared to boldly go where no PL team have gone before. 🖖 

image.jpeg.7b164be608e400214caa78c076c335c9.jpeg :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

How many players trained by the club are required in the squad fort this competition? Or homegrown for that matter 

I think its 4 + 4

From the club I imagine Ramsey, Archer, JPB and maybe Revan or a 3rd choice keeper

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

Now it's finally official, Juventus are out of the Conference League. Awaiting Juventus response but they are expected to accept the decision.

Fiorentina look set to be announced as their replacement.

Villa are now officially seeded for the Play-off round.

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

So when would our first group stage game be?

We've got a two legged play off in the last week of August (24th and 31st)  before the group stage starts.   There are still a few games to be played before we get involved, the second leg of the second qualifying round (1st-3rd August) and the third qualifying round (10th and 17th August).  The draw we are interested in is on 7th August, when that is made things will become a lot more clear. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Does this mean the play off will be against someone we've never heard of from a country we didn't know existed

depends if we are seeded, if we are not seeded its probably a known team.

If we are seeded its probably Rapid Wien

24 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Does this mean the play off will be against someone we've never heard of from a country we didn't know existed

🤞

I'm going to be disappointed if its not

I want the randomist football team on the planet