Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

Unless there's a catastrophe here then we'll be the highest placed non-seed - so a shock in the 2nd qualifying round (2 rounds before we start) will see us seeded.

We might get a "heated ball" in the pot though as was mentioned the other day and be kept away from teams from the other big leagues.

4 minutes ago, Amed said:

With 3 other teams in the Europa League - what’s likely hood of our game’s in this being televised as well? Do they usually show all Thursday games on BT? 

Yeah we’ll be on TV always. They’ve got 8 channels, but we’ll be one of the first 3 you’d imagine. 

So if this result stays the same, we’re just a Juventus expulsion away from being seeded. 

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Ahhh Europe again, still remember being here at this game…

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

Me too :)

Me three....

What a game, I met a few players that night...

Cowans, Platt, Zenga, Klinsmann, Brehme and the great Jimmy Greaves, proper gent he was.

Unfortunately my hero at the time decided not to stop, Lothar Matthäus; my Dad called him a miserable German B****** 

That Inter team had three World Cup winners, Villa destroyed them.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Juve will be favourites so we’ll have to play them at some point. But how seriously will they take the competition?

Probably will play mix of first team and youngsters but will be expected to push for the league title as main priority

They also dont have a manager lined up as expected to sack Allegri

• Thanks 1

Isn’t it strange how some of the seeded teams have to play in the early qualifying rounds, but we’re potentially unseeded and go straight to the play off and bye the first quali rounds?

It’s all a bit confusing! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Isn’t it strange how some of the seeded teams have to play in the early qualifying rounds, but we’re potentially unseeded and go straight to the play off and bye the first quali rounds?

It’s all a bit confusing! 

Yeah, the seeding coefficient is based on your recent European record but the time you enter the competition is decided on a predetermined path based on league finish. 

• Thanks 1