Nico Williams

RicRic

14 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Where has this sudden conviction we’re actually signing him come from, I’m obviously missing something. 

I think it's just because we were interested in him in January, so likely a rehash by some lazy journo looking for clicks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just read on one of the many bullshit football sites that this guy has a £40+ release clause.

For someone who allegedly only has 12 months of his deal left to run.

Sounds iffy. If true.

I’m not sure I follow?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Anyway not convinced by this transfer at moment. He has potential but he needs another year or 2 to develop for me and 50 million for a project player is a lot

Problem is mate... By the time they've " developed " they may become out of our reach.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just read on one of the many bullshit football sites that this guy has a £40+ release clause.

Sounds iffy. If true.

Release clause doesn't change even if he had 1 day remaining on his deal.

Yeah you can negotiate it based on timing but it's a contract clause

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think it's just because we were interested in him in January, so likely a rehash by some lazy journo looking for clicks.

Very possible us being in Europe makes us a better sell. Not a stretch. 

This will be our Thierry Henry moment. When he is converted to a striker from a winger .  Emery knows him . Has watched him from afar and played against his teams. This is our only opportunity to get him as he will get better and better.  I still think someone else will jump in ahead of us though .

20 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Sounds iffy. If true.

Standard in Spain isn't it to pop a big release clause on a player. With 12 months left I'd say we'll pay less and insert a sell-on clause.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

He's just played 36 league games out of 38 for a team that finished eight in one of Europe's top leagues, the season before that he played 34 out of 38 leagues games, he's not some untested youngster or project player, a project player is someone with hardly any experience at top level at all, Williams has plenty despite young age.

His pace and technique will tear the league up 

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Standard in Spain isn't it to pop a big release clause on a player. With 12 months left I'd say we'll pay less and insert a sell-on clause.

It's Spanish law, all players in Spain have buy out clauses.  They are usually ridiculous and way above the players value, like Messi his was over £1billion.

12 minutes ago, useless said:

He's just played 36 league games out of 38 for a team that finished eight in one of Europe's top leagues, the season before that he played 34 out of 38 leagues games, he's not some untested youngster or project player, a project player is someone with hardly any experience at top level at all, Williams has plenty despite young age.

Thats a really good point actually. You would say Chambers, Dendonker, Digne are "experienced" players yet this kid has probably played more games than those three combined over the last two years

10 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Thats a really good point actually. You would say Chambers, Dendonker, Digne are "experienced" players yet this kid has probably played more games than those three combined over the last two years

72 La Liga appearances in total and still only 20 years old. Over 80 appearances when you factor in cup games for Bilbao. 

28 minutes ago, useless said:

With all those appearances at such a young age, his legs will be gone by the time he is, (Closes eyes and picks number at random) 27.

57 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Where has this sudden conviction we’re actually signing him come from, I’m obviously missing something. 

You aren't. People keep posting 'theres a lot more noise online' as though it means anything. Same thing with Kang-In and then he joined PSG.

There's been one article in Marca, the first in months, 

3 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Whilst not knowing anything about his playing style he sounds like the Spanish equivalent of Arsenals Saka.

Would anyone agree?

He's great in one on ones, he's quick and carries the ball forward. He needs to improve on his creative output and goals. He's only 20 so open to lots of improvement

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I think that Unai has 4 main targets. We have already secured Youri and I think the other 3 that he really wants are Williams, Goncalves and Pau Torres.
I would have thought that we would have to shell out £130m In transfer fees to secure the other 3 but I really hope that we can do it. Those are 4 big players who are next level to any of our previous NSWE signings.

At what point do you think Youri became a main target?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Whilst not knowing anything about his playing style he sounds like the Spanish equivalent of Arsenals Saka.

Would anyone agree?

Honestly he sounds like a younger, higher potential Bailey. And that could go either way when adapting to the Prem.

Â