Nico Williams

RicRic

Interesting to note that after Bilbao excited their equivalent of the FA Cup in April, he got loads of abuse from the fans as he missed a couple of chances. Caused him to disable social media platforms and the club to issue a statement condemning the abuse.

I don't imagine he'll completely replicate his brother's undying love for the club and maybe the affiliation with Emery is enough to persuade him that its worth treading a different path.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

Genuinely excited about this one.  I've seen Bilbao play a few times this season and Nico was their best player each game.  Rapid, lots of tricks, but very very raw.  That said, with the right coaching he could turn into an elite talent.  At 20, he already has 8 caps for Spain and has two full seasons of La Liga football under his belt.  Can't think of the last time we were in the running for such a talented young player.  

• Like 2

Seen him play for Spain and this kid is the real **** deal. So much pace. Great technique and feet. Yes, he will be raw. But he's got so much league experience in Spain and is capped at international level. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Genuinely excited about this one.  I've seen Bilbao play a few times this season and Nico was their best player each game.  Rapid, lots of tricks, but very very raw.  That said, with the right coaching he could turn into an elite talent.  At 20, he already has 8 caps for Spain and has two full seasons of La Liga football under his belt.  Can't think of the last time we were in the running for such a talented young player.  

He looks brilliant (I know it's only YouTube). He's lightning quick, genuinely two footed and is developing a good physique. He has very little end product in goals or assists to show for all his dominance and that would normally be a red flag, but he's still not quite 21and with Emery to coach him I think he has all the tools to be a real contributor to our goal tally.

One thing's for sure, if we sign him opposition defenders are going to hate playing against Nico as they will have to double up on him all the time which will create space for others. I have this mental image of Williams on the right and a fully fit Bailey on the left setting fire to both touchlines in some games!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Can we close this thread please before Mbappe and the lads read it and decide to sign him.. Thanks

Mbappe is coming here. Said he'd play for nothing. Heard this from his gran's dog walker.

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Interesting to note that after Bilbao excited their equivalent of the FA Cup in April, he got loads of abuse from the fans as he missed a couple of chances. Caused him to disable social media platforms and the club to issue a statement condemning the abuse.

I don't imagine he'll completely replicate his brother's undying love for the club and maybe the affiliation with Emery is enough to persuade him that its worth treading a different path.

They had a celebration with the club at weekend as his mother received an award for seervices to the club

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

They had a celebration with the club at weekend as his mother received an award for seervices to the club

Why now? Maybe it's a sign of their influence and involvement with the club coming to an end.... 🕵‍♂️

Just read on one of the many bullshit football sites that this guy has a £40+ release clause.

For someone who allegedly only has 12 months of his deal left to run.

Sounds iffy. If true.

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Why now? Maybe it's a sign of their influence and involvement with the club coming to an end.... 🕵‍♂️

Not sure. Was only Nico first real season so probably why

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Anyway not convinced by this transfer at moment. He has potential but he needs another year or 2 to develop for me and 50 million for a project player is a lot

This is kinda where i'm at too. 

Â