Midweek Football 15/18 May

andykeenan

This ground looks like it was knocked together by some builders over a weekend with scaffold and a few bits of wood. They've been back once a year to bolt a bit more on, but they're nicking it from a homebuilding company so they can't take too much at once.

15 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I hope Luton come up so they sign Nakamba for a decent fee! 

nothing against marvellous but he will be surplus to requirements come the summer and looking for a new club.

Crowd love him and he'd actually be a reasonably experienced player with prem experience they can actually afford so I'd be astounded if they pass up the chance to sign him if promoted.

We've obviously learnt our lesson from last summer not to put ridiculous valuations on players who never play for us as we did quoting Forest 15m for Davis when they'd have probably been pretty happy to pay 7-8m.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This ground looks like it was knocked together by some builders over a weekend with scaffold and a few bits of wood. They've been back once a year to bolt a bit more on, but they're nicking it from a homebuilding company so they can't take too much at once.

The ridiculous away end with its entrance through the "houses" is romanticised, but it's an absolute **** shithole.

A "proper" ground, but you'll have your knees up to your ears if you try to sit and 10% of fans have a massive metal girder blocking their view.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I went to watch Walsall play there on an international weekend years back. Got a bus from Leighton Buzzard that goes on a tram track for last two miles and stops right outside the away end.

Then once past the turnstiles you do genuinely do through someone's Conservatory and up stairs to get into the away end! Never been to Fratton Park but I assume for those who watched us play in that away end 20 years ago it's very similar.

19 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Can't get the playoffs. Been watching the 2nd leg of the Milan derby. You think Kane dives. Jesus wept this is an awful advert for football.

To be fair the whole Italian Series A is an advert for awful football at times. There's a reason so many Italian teams are struggling financially. At this point, the Championship is bigger than Italy's top division. 

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Looking through the Turkish scores, guess who plaice for Galatasary now? 

I'm getting a rash(ica) just thinking about it.

I recently asked a MK Dons fan whether Luton could ground-share their modern stadium, should the Hatters win promotion. 20 miles apart on major roads. They replied that they would rather welcome AFC Wimbledon, their arch nemesis.

Been watching the Champions League semis and the difference in quality between the two ties is massive.  Real Madrid and Manchester City looked like they were playing a different sport at times whereas I’d fancy us to upset either of the Milan clubs in a one off match.  Inter are solid if unspectacular but AC Milan have been crap. They can’t be this bad all the time can they? 

• Like 1

Â