Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What's his job and doss it impact my ability to (not) get served at half time a pie?

His job is to not get you served that pie by someone who has paid millions to be our official pie partner 😉

36 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Well it says full responsibility for all Business and Commercial matters in the article on the OS. Reporting to Nas and Wes. 

Interesting that he doesn’t report to Purslow

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Interesting that he doesn’t report to Purslow

Not really.  He's been appointed to work for V-Sports.  Purslow works for Aston Villa.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

So I guess the board is now the owners at the top, with Heck in charge of Business and Commercial matters for the group and Purslow in charge of club matters at Aston Villa?

If that's the case, is Heck senior to Purslow as group President over the CEO?

That's how it reads to me

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wonder if Nicola Ibbotson in her role as Chief Commercial Officer now reports into Chris Heck rather than Christian Purslow?

I imagine both - in that she reports into Purslow because she is employed by Villa so he'd still be her "boss".  However, she will work closely with Heck and will need to ensure that her commercial plans / strategy align with both Heck's global plans / strategy and Villa's business plan.  Lots of companies have hard and soft reporting lines - particularly multi-nationals where you are ultimately employed by Company A UK Ltd but are working on specific initiatives for Company A Global Ltd.

Edited by allani
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, useless said:

We've got academies in Egypt and Senegal, and buying one or a club in South America. NSWE were also reportedly in talks about buying two European clubs just before the the Vitoria deal was announced

I'm of course referring to this quote from Vitoria President

“There are also many ways for a partner (Sawiris) to safeguard his position even as a minority (46%). The largest training complex in Senegal is owned by V Sports. We are talking about young athletes, up to the age of 18, who are in Senegal being worked on so that they can then follow their professional project.

“In Egypt, it is exactly the same way and it will be the same in South America. Therefore, it is very easy to think that Vitória’s formation, the B team and the A team, can receive the best players in the near future. The sharing of players, with future evolution for Aston Villa, is a situation that can be good for both sides.”

The reports of us being in talks for two European clubs came from the Telegraph in their article linking us to Pochettino and Emery.

So if Heck is V Sports then I think his job will more than about just Vitoria

• 3 weeks later...

Aston Villa to open more doors after new appointment - Expert (astonvillanews.co.uk)

Aston Villa open doors with new appointment - Finance Expert

We’re delighted to welcome football finance expert Dr Daniel Plumley as our exclusive columnist, he’ll be giving his views on the biggest talking points at Aston Villa.

Dan Plumley has insisted that Aston Villa can open new doors after the appointment of Chris Heck was confirmed at Villa Park.

The finance expert admitted Heck has a good reputation with his experience mainly around generating more fan experiences, which he did at the Philadelphia 76ers in the NBA.

In his role as President of Business Operations for the Villans, it has been said that increasing the global brand of the club is one of his main roles.

“He has got a good reputation,” he exclusively told Villa News.

“He is very experienced in generating more fan experience, and therefore, he increased the 76ers commercial profiles and things around matchday.

He’s got calibre in that space and it opens up a couple of new doors, it gives that American angle on how you engage with fans, and how you maximise fan experience by squeezing more out there.

Also, looking more broadly and commercially, how you stretch that side of the business with new markets and of course, on the last day of the season, getting European football is a boost to that if they can see that through and have a good run in that competition.

A couple of really good new stories there for Villa to close out the season, and that will be the task, to maximise that as much as possible.”

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Sorry, that was a bit cynical, I've got a cold and I'm a misery.

Anyways, here's a guide to some of those 76'ers fan experiences:

https://www.nba.com/sixers/tickets/groups/fan-experiences

The Philadelphia 76ers offer discounted tickets to those looking to bring 10 or more people out to game. With a deposit, you'll also be able to choose from a number of Fan Experiences that will excite your group! You'll have the chance to high five your favorite players, present the official game ball before the game, or perform at halftime, among other options!

That tunnel high five starts at $2,000 a game by the looks of things.

• Shocked 1

Thinking about that - we've seen those videos after games where our players come back into the tunnel shouting "Vamos" at the camera and looking delighted - if you were paying for Hospitality already, would ten of you pay an extra couple of hundred quid each to go down and high-five them in? 

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Awesome. I plan to pay to perform at half-time in the manner of Tonikaku from BGT… but without pants. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Imagine how much we could earn from pre and post game McGinn arse slaps!

On 09/05/2023 at 12:26, KMitch said:

HUGE news for the Villa!!!  

Chris Heck was the 76ers president for over 9 years:

• Built one of the largest season ticket holder bases in the NBA
  • Set franchise records for sponsorship growth
  • Huge social media following/growth and brand revitalization for the 76ers org

This is a coup for us when it comes to the business side of the club including growing the fanbase and generating money from sponsorships.

A good time to revisit this excited post. I want to be excited, too, and far be it for me to question the deep wisdom of an officially Popular Post ... but ... I'll be interested to see how the sponsorship growth experience for an NBA club translates transatlantically -- and social media following and growth, well, that's incredibly unpredictable and complicated. Being American gets you nothing, of course! Chris Heck joined the 76ers when they were absolute dogshit, too. I think it could be argued that he rode of a wave of their success in his time in Philly. Hey, I want it to work. I think it just might. But speaking as a half-American, I really appreciated Purslow's intelligence and British tact. Chris Heck doesn't really fill his shoes and will serve in a more focused, less sweeping role, so the comparison doesn't really work that well. But, I feel nervous haha. I'm happy to be convinced that I need not be.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Â