Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I could literally make a Twitter account now called VillaBeaconofTruth and corroborate and share all these allegations as well.

Things are more " true " and beyond reasonable doubt when people want it to be.

In reverse, if this was a well liked figure at the club ( and the allegations were true ) you'd see a different level of skepticism and calls for people to wait for facts etc 

Ty Bracy claiming truth to these things is a problem though. However, if TyBracey is communicating with the sources of the info... The source isn't exactly going to be unbiased either

Ive been hearing these whispers about heck since September. Have you heard anything from a trusted source to suggest that all of this is bullshit? If not, I’d suggest you wait for things to play out.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Yeah I’ve not seen that either?

Sorry i have confused him with Ty Bracey . Probably best to delete my original post. Apologies all. 

Edited by Hev
Mistaken identity

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I could literally make a Twitter account now called VillaBeaconofTruth and corroborate and share all these allegations as well.

Things are more " true " and beyond reasonable doubt when people want it to be.

In reverse, if this was a well liked figure at the club ( and the allegations were true ) you'd see a different level of skepticism and calls for people to wait for facts etc 

Indeed this new tweet, from another brand new account is just more accusations, with no verifiable proof of anything.

I'm trying to look into shirt sales figures to try and corroborate it, but their estimate of our shirt sales this season is 55k less than any figure I've found so far. Also, they say we are in a £50m FFP black hole. That's news to me. How'd that happen without anyone who tracks our accounts noticing?

Again I'm not saying none of this is true, but there are some very wild and odd accusations being slung around without any kind of verification, we're only hearing one side of the story from somebody who's clearly very angry and likely over-exaggerating to push their narrative.

Chris Heck may well be an absolute douchenozzle, in fact he probably is, but has he really done all of these things he's being accused of? The burden of proof is on the accuser at the moment and they've not produced anything verifiable just yet.

If Ty Bracey is saying they have heard from people in the club that something is up then there may be something in it possibly, hopefully the real truth will come out eventually.

Edited by Teale's 'tache
typo in my typo

8 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I guess the question when your managing at that level do you keep the people who cannot deliver on the kpi’s or do you bring in people who can?

The question is did they have KPI's? As a CEO your role is strategic not operational so should he be getting involve in day to day running. 

3 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

The question is did they have KPI's? As a CEO your role is strategic not operational so should he be getting involve in day to day running. 

He has kpi’s with the owner’s. He’s going to bring in people he knows can deliver in those kpi’s not wait 1-2-3 years of current employees who may or may not have the experience to deliver those outcomes.

15 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Ive been hearing these whispers about heck since September. Have you heard anything from a trusted source to suggest that all of this is bullshit? If not, I’d suggest you wait for things to play out.

In fairness both you and @Captain_Townsend have shared similar sentiment with me recently, and it goes some way in explaining why some have been so anti for a while.

I'm admittedly very biased towards the club these days though so again, I wait for more facts.

I also have faith in the club to do what is required and make the right decisions in the end.

Based on evidence, even if everyone else seems to be dossing about, Nassef will take it into his own hands to get to the bottom of it and roll heads when and where necessary.

If it turns out that Heck is indeed a corporate version of our " Gerrard " there is every opportunity that we next end up with a Corporate " Unai Emery " when the smoke clears.

They won't get every decision right straight away, but I trust them to get in right in the grand scheme.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

where did the fell out with monchi and doesn't like emery's management style come from?

at this rate he's about 2 days away from someone declaring they have strong evidence he's got tom brady posters on his wall

It's amusing to see how some people on here, armed with the same information, are either inclined to believe the workers or inclined to believe management (by suggesting the workers are exaggerating or stubborn or disgruntled). 😁

We should merge this thread and the political identity thread.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Hope this clown hasn't got a say in appointing managers... Imagine the uproar if he sacked Unai! Then replaced him with a Rooney/Lampard type. 

Waiting for a Scooby Doo moment to see him unmasked as Troy Deeney... 

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

How do you provide evidence of someone employed their pals? 

A huge chunk of it is opinion written very emotively and spun as fact 

Correct...

Surely, that could  also be aimed at UE.....Top execs have to manage time, and if they feel, by employing someone who knows how they work,already,  it should in theory reduce the time they spend on mundane tit bits.....it makes sense, to employ someone you know, providing they can smash all the criteria, for doing the job.

Its really not helpful, for us to be making claims on the back of conjecture.

I don't much care, to be Chris Hecks friend, I just want him to do a good job for my club.....and along the way, be respectful to folk, who he has to work with and possibly move on.

We, who have been managers, know there is a process, for performance management, to achieve the required standards in an organisation.....Regular meetings are made to monitor the progress or regression.

I suspect many folk who have been culled in a job are not entirely happy with the folk who have fired them....but there is a way of doing it, to comply with English Law...and a method of fair play.

There are so many considerations to make, when employing anyone, and if you know a bit about someones character, in advance of the recruitment process, it can circumnavigate a whole rigmarole of further checks.

Its complete folly for anyone to suggest, that doesn't go on....and done properly, why should'nt it......We must remember its on the recruiter, if he/she gets it wrong.

I was told many moons ago, from a trusted source, of the lack of discipline that entered the work place, during Randy Lerners tenure......It was mooted, that would never happen under HDE's reign.

We don't know enough, to comment......and I am not sure, if we should. They have to be free to run their own business, we are customers, for want of a better word, so in issues like this we should stay out.

If the staff have a gripe, and there is no greviance procedure.....go to ACAS with the evidence.

Its a distraction, we can do without.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It's amusing to see how some people on here, armed with the same information, are either inclined to believe the workers or inclined to believe management (by suggesting the workers are exaggerating or stubborn or disgruntled). 😁

We should merge this thread and the political identity thread.

I'm not sure it's about political identity.

I side with the workers but am not left-wing.

There is another villa forum where nearly everyone is definitely left-wing and they seem to be mostly siding more with the management.

On here, I would say people are siding more with the workers than the management overall.

My personal opinion on the difference between the 2 forums is that people on this forum are A LOT friendlier and nicer people and it has nothing to do with political leanings.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Correct...

Surely, that could  also be aimed at UE.....Top execs have to manage time, and if they feel, by employing someone who knows how they work,already,  it should in theory reduce the time they spend on mundane tit bits.....it makes sense, to employ someone you know, providing they can smash all the criteria, for doing the job.

Its really not helpful, for us to be making claims on the back of conjecture.

I don't much care, to be Chris Hecks friend, I just want him to do a good job for my club.....and along the way, be respectful to folk, who he has to work with and possibly move on.

We, who have been managers, know there is a process, for performance management, to achieve the required standards in an organisation.....Regular meetings are made to monitor the progress or regression.

I suspect many folk who have been culled in a job are not entirely happy with the folk who have fired them....but there is a way of doing it, to comply with English Law...and a method of fair play.

There are so many considerations to make, when employing anyone, and if you know a bit about someones character, in advance of the recruitment process, it can circumnavigate a whole rigmarole of further checks.

Its complete folly for anyone to suggest, that doesn't go on....and done properly, why should'nt it......We must remember its on the recruiter, if he/she gets it wrong.

I was told many moons ago, from a trusted source, of the lack of discipline that entered the work place, during Randy Lerners tenure......It was mooted, that would never happen under HDE's reign.

We don't know enough, to comment......and I am not sure, if we should. They have to be free to run their own business, we are customers, for want of a better word, so in issues like this we should stay out.

If the staff have a gripe, and there is no greviance procedure.....go to ACAS with the evidence.

Its a distraction, we can do without.

Essentially the same as Managers signing players they know from old clubs.

There is no reason why a " friend " or someone you know can't equally be as qualified for the position as others would be, having the relationship is a bonus.

Example, if Mings had stayed fit, and we went on a bad run with Pau in the team, would similar sentiment be levelled at Unai? It's possible, especially as he is a club favourite.

Regardless of whether in the long run it is/was for the better 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I'm not sure it's about political identity.

I side with the workers but am not left-wing.

There is another villa forum where nearly everyone is definitely left-wing and they seem to be mostly siding more with the management.

On here, I would say people are siding more with the workers than the management overall.

My personal opinion on the difference between the 2 forums is that people on this forum are A LOT friendlier and nicer people and it has nothing to do with political leanings.

I don't see how anyone can side with anyone, without an investigation in to the facts.

I was merely saying....I have no intention in telling Aston Villa how to runs its business.

I would suspect any business owners on here, would feel the same....but remember, thats not the same as giving customer feed back.

Getting involved in club v staff relations, is not our business imo.......unless of course, there was a moral responsibility against grave abuse....but that would be pretty profound imo.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I don't see how anyone can side with anyone, without an investigation in to the facts.

I was merely saying....I have no intention in telling Aston Villa how to runs its business.

I would suspect any business owners on here, would feel the same....but remember, that not the same as giving customer feed back.

Getting involved in club v staff relations, is not our business imo.......unless of course, there was a moral responsibility against grave abuse....but thst would be pretty profound imo.

After I wrote my post I actually thought of you specifically and thought here is an example of someone who is a nice guy like most people on this forum but isn't siding with the workers and was going to edit my post to add  that I wasn't necessarily saying that people who were siding with the management weren't nice people but then my phone went and I forgot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Two trains are driving toward one another. The first train leaves Town A at 5am traveling at 60 miles per hour. The second train leaves Town B at 7am traveling at 70 miles per hour. the distance between Town A and Town B is 455 miles.

What is the EXACT time that the collision will occur?

Don't know, but it'll make one Heck of a mess

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

My experience of working in football is that the facts rarely come out as investigations are rarely independent (apart from examples like where Purslow got a barrister in to examine the claims of young-player bullying) and clubs will always have control of the narrative due to financial resources and use of non-disclosure agreements. This is why I'm siding with the workers.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella
  • Like 1

Â