Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Didn't MOMS claim FAB were shown a promo with the new crest even though at that stage the timeline would not have allowed for things to be that far along?

from MOMS the FAB response to the crest issue

Considering the FA’s new rules on fan consultation to protect club’s heritage assets like badges, we were not happy with the approach taken by those at the club pushing for the badge to be changed again.

At the meeting (and in previous recent meetings), Chris Heck and Ben Hatton, at no stage actually asked for any suggested changes on the crest from the FAB. They didn’t even ask, if group members liked it. 

In fact, in previous meetings it had been stated that no feedback would change the badge that is presented, as it would be ‘left to the professionals’. 

This contradicts the statement made in the recent Chris Heck interview that the badge is now with fans for feedback before it’s unveiling. The FAB is not aware of this happening and stated this in the meeting.

The FAB voiced it’s concern with the consultation on the badge, stating it specifically was not as extensive as for the previous new badge. The club identified that it has already spoken to the FA about the compliance of the consultation, as a precursor to showing the badge to the FAB. 

The FAB voiced it’s concern on the shape of the badge not being right for Villa. In essence, it’s an update on the current yellow lion shield. In the first survey for the badge, supporters clearly stated they were not happy with it, to quote the club, ‘given that only 19% of fans who filled out the survey claimed to like the current shield shape’.

Also, a move from a yellow lion to a claret one was clearly stressed throughout the badge consultation process and embraced by the club.

In a vote of 21,500 supporters only 8% of fans voted to keep this shield badge.

Regardless of views on the current round badge on the shirts, it has a clear mandate from Aston Villa supporters with 77% of the vote the club.

In that respect, the bare minimum of supporter consultation required to give any new badge a similar mandate, would be for it to face and top the round badge in a renewed supporter vote.

It is not satisfactory for executives that have been at the club a matter of months, to create a badge that ‘they believe’ is what the majority of fans want, without getting supporter approval first, as per the new FA rules.

The round badge this season also has the potential of being associated with a huge upturn in success for the club, unmatched by the period experienced by the previous variations of the recent yellow lion shield design. 

The initial mission of the club changing the club badge was to signal a new future for the club, and to break away from recent serial underachievement.

Met him once. Felt he was a word removed immediately. 

Not shocked by this. I get people of his role have to make tough decisions, and will invariably make enemies along the way but if these statements are true then his position isn't really teneable. He has broken so many employment laws potentially. 

To boot he's seemingly created a culture of fear and resentment. Not the way to get the best work out of people. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We need to get a banner prepared for Heck with the message 'We aren't cocksuckers... We just don't like you'.

Ack, I knew I'd used this too soon and a better opportunity would come along later.  Still...

NoHeck.thumb.png.f84071f3ca2714bf4dd848e922e5832b.png

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

Someone broke cover to leak the crest and now someone has broken cover - at great risk to their job - to air very, very significant grievances that they did not feel comfortable raising through normal channels. Not all heroes wear capes. 

Nobody leaked the crest. It was on the IPO website for trademarks. Publicly searchable. I found the latest one and posted it here before it had been shared anywhere else. It's not hard to find this stuff.

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Selling of academy players who've been here since 8 year old.

Guaranteed you just slid this in to pad up your post for effect but a couple of things.

- Chris Heck wouldn't directly have bearing on selling Academy products.

- FFP and Finances.

- Are you suggesting that all Academy products should be kept even if they aren't good enough, just because?

- Would you be ok with us keeping only Academy products in the team if it meant falling down the Leagues?

As I'm pretty sure you are also one of the biggest moaners on here when it comes to on pitch affairs, transfer market, management, performances etc as well, so from some angles you just seem unreasonable in general.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I am not entirely unaware, of what whistleblowers are up to, but I am reluctant, with unsubstantiated evidence to condemn, the clubs Management.

Accusations, could be right...I don't know, but the club, must have a mechanism of transparency, to flush out any wrong doing.

I hate bullies, but before we condemn anyone, we need to be sure of our facts, to fairly, form opinions.

I have never in my supporting history, favoured, telling the club, how to run itself....and I don't intend to start now....I am a supporter, and well aware, of the part, I play.

I am not condoning unfair treatment of staff, but I am also aware, there can be another side, to hear , first.

I think, Unai Emery, has worked, very hard indeed to, win the hearts of the fans, and succeeded....Chris might do well, to have a look over his shoulder.

I will finally, say this.....There are some unsavoury decisions to make in big organisations like football clubs, and it takes conkers, to make some of them.....if they are made, with compassion, integrity, respect and for the benefit of all us signed up to it....then fine.

However, Villa must be allowed to manage its own affairs, within the confines of the above, virtues.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not entirely unaware, of what whistleblowers are up to, but I am reluctant, with unsubstantiated evidence to condemn, the clubs Management.

Accusations, could be right...I don't know, but the club, must have a mechanism of transparency, to flush out any wrong doing.

I hate bullies, but before we condemn anyone, we need to be sure of our facts, to fairly, form opinions.

I have never in my supporting history, favoured, telling the club, how to run itself....and I don't intend to start now....I am a supporter, and well aware, of the part, I play.

I am not condoning unfair treatment of staff, but I am also aware, there can be another side, to hear , first.

I think, Unai Emery, has worked, very hard indeed to, win the hearts of the fans, and succeeded....Chris might do well, to have a look over his shoulder.

I will finally, say this.....There are some unsavoury decisions to make in big organisations like football clubs, and it takes conkers, to make some of them.....if they are made, with compassion, integrity, respect and for the benefit of all us signed up to it....then fine.

Villa must be allowed to manage its own affairs, within the confines of the above, virtues.

I,,,,,,,,,,,,,,agree.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Whilst I think it would be foolish to fire him without investigating these claims. From the outside looking in all of the things that we can seemingly verify appear to be true. 

There have been reports about staff feeling unwelcome for a while now, how a lot of people are resigning, how a number of senior staff members have left, and we all saw how he handled this crest debacle. 

We don't know if their reporting of the case is 100% accurate, but it does ring true, and that is very very worrying. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I remember posting, at one point, that a day would come where Heck would be long gone and we'd be looking at the decaying North Stand dreaming of what might have been! 

NSWE would have been behind the stadium upgrades.  The crest is probably on him but no way the owners would have let him just cancel the development plans so they would have certainly approved it

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

We need to get a banner prepared for Heck with the message 'We aren't cocksuckers... We just don't like you'.

We must have a similar banner lying around somewhere from the McLeish days?!

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

NSWE would have been behind the stadium upgrades.  The crest is probably on him but no way the owners would have let him just cancel the development plans so they would have certainly approved it

NSWE also would not have allowed the actual development go as far as it did if they weren't fully backing it. We are down as a 50k stadium for the Euro 2028 tournament,  we have renders, planning permission  and the works. We were all in on this until 2023.

Heck was behind a new stadium at his old job so I have no doubt he was pushing to scrap this, under guise of examine all options again,  so he can then push a new stadium and have that nicely nestled on his CV for his next job.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

It doesnt seem any journo or media has picked up on this and only thing online is Villa fans reacting to the document

I know you got be careful and stuff but the Christian Horner issue which was over the media

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Also, can you at least concede he made an absolute balls of announcing the cancellation? Clear as mud.

Â