Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Nope. I disagree.

What was he supposed to communicate about? 

The badge and sponsor was already done and stamped before he came along? What was he supposed to do at the 12th hour? For me, there's nothing he could do.

Also, has he released some sort of statement about it because I've not seen one if he has.

Not sure why he's getting the blame for the failings that were orchestrated by the last charlatan.

As I said it wasn’t about what was in the decisions but the timing of announcing those decisions.  I thought I was very clear about that, your response suggests you didn’t get that because I agree with, as I also said, that the decisions already had been made.  My response, as I said, was about timing and I explained why and having worked in this area know that the timing of announcements can be just as impactful as what the announcement actually says…

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

As I said it wasn’t about what was in the decisions but the timing of announcing those decisions.  I thought I was very clear about that, your response suggests you didn’t get that because I agree with, as I also said, that the decisions already had been made.  My response, as I said, was about timing and I explained why and having worked in this area know that the timing of announcements can be just as impactful as what the announcement actually says…

What would you have done differently Nick?

23 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Villa deleted the video Project B6 posted  on twitter: 

Have to say I have taken an instant dislike to Heck over the shambles of yesterday. 

He's been here what, 3 weeks? I highly doubt most of today was at his behest. This would have been planned for a fair while before his involvement. People jumping on him over a kit launch is a bit OTT

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

He's been here what, 3 weeks? I highly doubt most of today was at his behest. This would have been planned for a fair while before his involvement. People jumping on him over a kit launch is a bit OTT

I mean, I guess. Seems to me a single meeting could have sorted this all out. 

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

What would you have done differently Nick?

1) Announce the kit launch on a different day to the sponsorship and two badges.  The kit launch is a positive promotion in marketing and leads to many of your forthcoming season re the rest of your collection.  While this misstep will be forgotten in a couple of weeks/months I’ve learnt in my personal career that you want a positive day with any new product launches as they can be impacted, which then has more negative response to your product and thus sales.

2) Sponsorship was a difficult one, that was always going to land badly.  Whenever we’ve had to do a difficult announcement you do it when the least impact, so if possible I would’ve released the announcement at 10pm on Monday or Tuesday night.  People are getting ready for bed, see it or don’t, less time for people to initially discuss and a lot of the heat is lost by the morning when people wake and then enough time to cool down enough before the positive day kit launch.

3) the double badge.  My issue with this is hiding it in the kit announcement and also double badge.  Again, though I will forget the decision and just talk about announcing it.  I think this should’ve been done on a different day, probably before the kit launch and a fuller statement explaining it.  I think hiding it in the kit announcement looks likes they wanted to hide it to not be questioned about it.  It looks unprofessional imo after the work was done to get the new badge.  We can all deduce that it seems they don’t like the new badge and while they would never say that they could’ve expanded more on their statement.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

5 weeks at least, the official announcement was the 17th of May and I saw him at Villa park before then and it was also suggested he’d been around for longer than that.  To think he was not involved in these announcement timing seems naive.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Villa fans looking for Chris Heck after 3 weeks in the job. 

spacer.png

I think he’ll do a fantastic job over time based on his experience, it doesn’t mean that we can’t question decisions. I don’t want his head in the slightest, I just think yesterday was a bad day.

• Like 2

I'd imagine that once the dust settles on this explosion he'll be relieved that he's able to settle in to working on his own way.

At the 76'ers he was given what was basically a clean sheet and able to build from the ground up - he didn't get that opportunity here - maybe setting fire to everything to give himself that opportunity was a sort of plan?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Feidhlim said:

There's a 45min YouTube presentation done by Heck on how he changed 76ers. 

I watched it yesterday and I know why we have done soft launch. 

I'm also really excited for the next few years.

HIGHLY recommended if you're doubting Heck.

Here:

https://youtu.be/1f9rQiy11D0

So you're suggesting that their statement was correct and we should have just taken it as written?

That they will judge response and then, potentially, if its favourable, we'll see everything else updated to align in due course. 

4 minutes ago, Feidhlim said:

IMO, Heck wants a consistent and easily identifiable brand. 

I don't think anyone around him is convinced the new crest is it.

It's clear to me Heck will not like the idea of two badges, that's for sure. So more to come on this. He is planning for the next 20 years and won't be making any sweeping changes until he is sure it's the best way forward. So I completely understand the soft launch and not (potentially) wasting money on updating crest around the stadium and digital. 

The brand isn't just about a crest either, so I'm expecting lots of tributes to our history, more community events, more events that include non-football related stars.

He is obviously very good at what he does. Without a doubt. 

I suggest you watch the link but you're obviously welcome to be critical of the launch. We have an insight to this guy's mindset and what I've seen makes me excited for AVFC. 

Think I didn't come across clear. I was joking about how everyone ignored the part of the launch message that said they're going to judge the reaction before revisiting for the 150th year. Everyone's just assumed we have (or Heck has) no plan. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

Â