Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

2 hours ago, Billson said:

Please not Under Armour again, I don't think they've ever made a decent football kit. Every single design they made for Spurs was crap and for the two years they made ours they got the colours completely wrong.

Would love to see a Hummel remake of the 1988 kits but I guess that's not going to happen if they can't afford us now.

Knowing Villa, we'll be back with Macron for next year 😆😭

Not true, they made this beaut:

tottenham-hotspur-15-16-home-kit+(1).jpg

On 27/09/2023 at 06:49, maqroll said:

The club may as well include a new shirt in the badge update. Just a clean slate altogether. 

I have to assume that's where all of this is headed.  Hopefully the work on the latter doesn't delay the former.

56 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

How are we not Adidas already with the Sawiris connection?

Wonder if we've been trying to be seen as taking the extra moral " High ground " with our business dealings.

To be honest, i'm one of those who don't give a toss in these scenarios. I think Business people should be able to use their networks and connections to the advantage of their business, just like in any other business category.

" Fortress Villa Park " 75 mill per year stadium sponsorship and 500 million 5 year Adidas partnership sounds fair value to me! 👀

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wonder if we've been trying to be seen as taking the extra moral " High ground " with our business dealings.

To be honest, i'm one of those who don't give a toss in these scenarios. I think Business people should be able to use their networks and connections to the advantage of their business, just like in any other business category.

" Fortress Villa Park " 75 mill per year stadium sponsorship and 500 million 5 year Adidas partnership sounds fair value to me! 👀

I'm wondering if this is going to be planned for the new north stand.

We've seen it at Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge and Anfield where Adidas/Nike take over a whole stand with their logo embedded into the seating pattern.

Could be a lucrative deal in the pipeline if we can establish ourselves in the top 4.

But that's probably one for the Sponsorship/Villa Park thread.

Will be interesting to see who we go with.

Another couple of kit suppliers/manufacturers that I stumbled across since last night...

Air Jordon and EA7

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Did the shirts get mentioned in the press conference today? 

They did in the women's one; Carla kind of glossed over it saying the club doing all they can to help/support and fix the issue but they're focussing on the game now. 

• Thanks 1

In the meantime, if the kits are indeed affecting players performing, would it be unreasonable to wear away/third kits until the issue is fixed - even if we play at home, assuming it doesn't mean colours clash with the opposition, which may be the case against Brighton for example? Hell, they could even wear goalkeeper kits 🤣.

Yes it would look somewhat amateurish, but then again, so do our home kits. And if it does breach some contract which has us wear a given kit for an X amount of games, the issue the home kits cause should (I'd like to hope) be a valid enough reason for us not to fulfill that clause. Football can be a game of margins and I would hate us to be penalised for something as trivial as a poorly made kit.

32 minutes ago, WooJung said:

In the meantime, if the kits are indeed affecting players performing, would it be unreasonable to wear away/third kits until the issue is fixed - even if we play at home, assuming it doesn't mean colours clash with the opposition, which may be the case against Brighton for example? Hell, they could even wear goalkeeper kits 🤣.

Yes it would look somewhat amateurish, but then again, so do our home kits. And if it does breach some contract which has us wear a given kit for an X amount of games, the issue the home kits cause should (I'd like to hope) be a valid enough reason for us not to fulfill that clause. Football can be a game of margins and I would hate us to be penalised for something as trivial as a poorly made kit.

The away and third kit have exactly the same issue.

3 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

I love adidas so would love it to be them. Second would be Puma, then Nike.

Adidas is the only sports brand I like to wear when exercising. I find with Nike stuff I also get the issue of bad wicking. Adidas stuff is all most lightweight and more comfortable for a sweaty bastard like me

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Adidas is the only sports brand I like to wear when exercising. I find with Nike stuff I also get the issue of bad wicking. Adidas stuff is all most lightweight and more comfortable for a sweaty bastard like me

Same! 😁