Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

5 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

There will be plenty of jokes I'm sure about this situation with the womens team - but if the women do wear this kit, it could be a massive PR disaster for the club,

Would presume they would have tested the kits during a training session.  If it creates issues they can just play in the the training kits.  

19 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

There will be plenty of jokes I'm sure about this situation with the womens team - but if the women do wear this kit, it could be a massive PR disaster for the club,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66932993

Aston Villa: Women's team 'dreading' WSL opener because of sweat-drenched shirts

Aston Villa women are "dreading" playing on Sunday because of issues with the club's shirts, according to football commentator Jacqui Oatley.

Villa's male players have reportedly told the club the shirts are retaining sweat, making them uncomfortable.

The home claret and blue shirts, made by British sportswear group Castore, are the worst affected and have noticeably changed colour in games.

"This is going to be a big problem," Oatley told BBC Newsbeat.

Aston Villa women are due to wear the kit in their Women's Super League opener against Manchester United on Sunday, which kicks-off at 12:30 BST and is live on BBC Two.

"You can imagine, as a female athlete, you have plenty enough to think about just being the best you can be on the football field without thinking about getting sweaty and your kit clinging to you, both from a performance aspect as it is with the men but also from an aesthetic aspect," Oatley said.

"And, as we know, women are different specimens when it comes to our bodies and it can really affect us and how we perform if we're constantly thinking about how we look, or a top might be clinging to our breasts and also our body shapes.

14 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I know it was especially muggy during the USA pre-season tour but that should have been a dead giveaway months ago.

Yeah, I was about to post this. I'm surprised how long it's taken to blow up really. It's been clear for some time. I would expect some of the things being discussed in the video would have happened weeks ago and we're well on the way to getting it sorted. I'd be very worried if they're only starting those discussions now. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Haven't they already played some pre season friendlies? I think its a bad look for the club

PR disaster for Castore and a huge blow for us since we are the only team this effects

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, I was about to post this. I'm surprised how long it's taken to blow up really. It's been clear for some time. I would expect some of the things being discussed in the video would have happened weeks ago and we're well on the way to getting it sorted. I'd be very worried if they're only starting those discussions now. 

Especially in comparison to who we were playing. Newcastle/Fulham/Brentford all had a variation of a white kit and yet we were the ones that were soaked through.

Can imagine they tried to blame it on the weather then but no such excuse now.