Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

18 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I know we’ve been through this before but I’m pretty sure Castore don’t actually manufacture the kits, our contract is with Fanatics to manufacture and distribute. Castore just put their name on it. 

Who has fanatics to complete their kit thread bingo card?

It looks like nobody on here knows who actually does what. @NurembergVillan how is it possible it even got to this stage? Are the kits not tested? 

Anyway, the kit is a bit of a joke (design and quality). I really hope we finish high up this season so we can secure a manufacturer that will pay us well and provide good quality. 

Perhaps a daft question, but will all three of our kits this season be made exactly the same? If not, could we not play in our away or 3rd kit (if either are better) until the issue with our home shirts is resolved? I’m guessing all three are made the same though. 

Alternatively, could the players stop playing in pro shirts or whatever they’re called and play in the cheaper fan shirts (again, if better) until a resolution is found?

Edited by ferguson1

15 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Who has fanatics to complete their kit thread bingo card?

It looks like nobody on here knows who actually does what. @NurembergVillan how is it possible it even got to this stage? Are the kits not tested? 

Anyway, the kit is a bit of a joke (design and quality). I really hope we finish high up this season so we can secure a manufacturer that will pay us well and provide good quality. 

The kit is terrible, I don’t like how it looks, and the fact it absorbs water and is affecting the players (even mentally if not physically) is absolutely unacceptable.

This was from a few years ago, but since then we’ve renewed our deal with Fanatics.

The Birmingham-based club said it will become the first English team to adopt a three-party agreement with a manufacturer of sporting apparel and a fashion brand. The arrangement sees Fanatics extend its relationship with the club, by becoming the official kit manufacturer while continuing to deliver its multi-channel retail capability, including management of the store at Villa Park stadium.

So Fanatics make the kit, and the manufacturer label on there is essentially another form of sponsorship and has nothing to do with the actual kit. As much as I think Castore are rubbish, I imagine they’re as pissed off as anyone! 

• Like 2

Re: folk asking about the away shits, the article said the players had the same concerns about that one as well as the home. Obviously it must be a case of it not looking as egregious to people visually as it's a lighter colour, but the same issues exist.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Re: folk asking about the away shits, the article said the players had the same concerns about that one as well as the home. Obviously it must be a case of it not looking as egregious to people visually as it's a lighter colour, but the same issues exist.

This is a very grim post

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Indigo said:

If it's the away as well then you'd expect it would be the third kit too.

Our third kit is pretty much exactly the same as Wolves away kit.  You'd think other clubs wearing Castore would have issues too.

12 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I know we’ve been through this before but I’m pretty sure Castore don’t actually manufacture the kits, our contract is with Fanatics and they actually do the design and manufacturing the shirts. 
So if anything I imagine Castore are very annoyed that there has been a public shambles with their name on it, when they aren’t actually responsible.

They need to sort something out though, they are literally soaking wet and I’m glad the players had the balls to mention it.

The original villa website article said the deal was for Castore to “supply” kits which very strongly implies that they would be manufacturing rather than just designing them.

It might be that castore then commission a third party to do the manufacturing but either way it’s on Castore to sort it out 

14 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

The original villa website article said the deal was for Castore to “supply” kits which very strongly implies that they would be manufacturing rather than just designing them.

It might be that castore then commission a third party to do the manufacturing but either way it’s on Castore to sort it out 

I’m not sure that it is, I still think Fanatics are our kit manufacturer and distributor, and Castore are our ‘official kit supplier’ in the same way Monster Energy Drinks are our official ‘energy drink supplier’ it’s just sponsorship 

11 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Do we have any evidence they're uncomfortable? I don't know

If you missed it, Matt Law and John Percy have reported that the players have said it's uncomfortable and hindering them

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m not sure that it is, I still think Fanatics are our kit manufacturer and distributor, and Castore are our ‘official kit supplier’ in the same way Monster Energy Drinks are our official ‘energy drink supplier’ it’s just sponsorship 

So weird. So castore are just paying to have their name associated with us and aren’t actually doing anything? Either way I’m more than happy for them to take the rough with the smooth in that respect and take a reputational hit for the shirts being shit given they’d take the upside if they looked good

The material issue with the kit has a much more wider issue if it's the same material used for the women's team kits. If it's the same there's going to be some serious complaints from the club and organisations if it is the same.

It is a tricky situation , especially because we do not know the intricate details in the contract..

I actually think that Fanatics are actually responsible for this..

The contract with Castore & Fanatics may specify that only Fanatics are liable for the manufacturing of the kits not Castore..

All the other teams that have Castore kits are not experiencing this problem so it is pretty obvious who the responsibility lies with..

I just don't understand how we went from Under Armour to Fanatics manufacturing our kits..

Didn't the club want to spend the money? or was that the only deal available?