Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s negative exposure too…

It really is.  That terrible look makes us look terrible.  The impact on performance may be real or may be simply perceived by the public.  Either is a problem.  That it has not been remedied implies that the team can't or won't find a way to address an issue like this, trivial as it may be.  Could be a ignorance, laziness, contractual issues, lack of concern, lack of decision making... doesn't matter.  Show that we are a demanding club and do not accept the subpar.

Now that may sound dramatically American, as we are indeed obsessed with branding and image.  But like it or not, they are key to growth on the global stage.  You've got to sell a sporting fantasy that people want to be a part of.  Instead, we're sopping and exhausted-looking.

Any truth in the rumour (comment on internet) that the shirt deal was pushed through by Gerrard before he left and that he’s personal friends with the owners of Castore?

Does Gerrard have any shares in the company, as apparently he did the exact same thing at Rangers?

Have to say the quality of the shirts is comparable to Gerrard’s management skills.

• Haha 2

That state of that shirt Emi was wearing is an abject embarrassment. Our first dip back into Europe and we broadcast that image around the world. WTF is going on at the club that this is allowed to happen?

• Like 1

Just now, maqroll said:

That state of that shirt Emi was wearing is an abject embarrassment. Our first dip back into Europe and we broadcast that image around the world. WTF is going on at the club that this is allowed to happen?

Yeah, weird that we had outfield shirts with no sponsor, but obviously no GK shirts without it?

Certainly a bit amateur hour.

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Yup, Villa looked like a bunch of amateurs both in the kit they wear and on the pitch against some random Polish team...

35 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Yeah, weird that we had outfield shirts with no sponsor, but obviously no GK shirts without it?

It's weird because he wore the GK third kit and maybe they didn't have a sponsorless version of it.  I don't know why he wasn't wearing the home one though as there wasn't any clashes of kit anywhere.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I think we do sell sponsorless shirts so have produced some, for some reason I am guessing we dont sell the goalkeeper equivalent

Surely ours and newcastles (and anyone else who uses castore) shirts follow the same manufacturing process - same materials etc? So why would theirs be fine and ours fail miserably? Forgive me if I have misunderstood the workings behind the manufacturing of kits… 

Is the sweat thing an issue, or not? 

Edited by Tayls