Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

I was thinking maybe it's the players dousing themselves with water rather than sweat but even then it should at least dry reasonably quickly.  Martinez having to put a sticker over the sponsor was a bit amateur but I'm guessing that's down to the kitman?

Edited by sharkyvilla

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I was thinking maybe it's the players dousing themselves with water rather than sweat but even then it should at least dry reasonably quickly.  Martinez having to put a sticker over the sponsor was a bit amateur but I'm guessing that's down to the kitman?

It’s definitely not that. Am I clutching here or surely it has a negative impact on performance? 

We can’t be the only kit manufactured by Castore where this is happening surely? Is it because these are from a specific factory/country and something has gone badly wrong?

I’m guessing we can insist on new ones being made and cut our contract short?

I did joke last night in the match thread, but how will issue be on a really cold night game? Won’t it make the shirts freezing cold and uncomfortable to run in?

It'd be **** weird if we didn't demand new kits or else take the opportunity to break contract with Castore, but this is Villa, so inexplicably we probably won't.

Everyone at business level appears to be busy coming up with fancy branding and pricing for Matchday experience packages 🙄

Surely the players have got to be complaining about this. 

We need to demand new material for the players shirts.

Completely agree with others who have said it's got to be so uncomfortable and detrimental to performance. 

I would have thought there'd be some level of quality assurance done on the manufacturers side but obviously not.

It only takes 3/4 minutes for highly trained athletes to be soaked to the skin

The sweaty shirts is down to the fabric. Castore don't seem to have the technology to make a dri-fit (nike) like shirt.

Third rate sportswear brand, with a gambling sponsor, I'm embarrassed for anyone that paid money for it! Loyalty shouldn't be blind!

• Thanks 1

The fabric the kit is made of this year is horrendous. You can tell the first time you see it that's it's ultra cheap and nasty. It feels like a polyester T-shirt from a market stall in the 1970s. Castore have done us good and proper this season, I'd be getting lawyers on the case and getting out of the contract as soon as possible. Get somebody decent like Adidas to make it, and bin this pair of chancers off.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dubliner said:

Surely the players have got to be complaining about this. 

I did notice every villa player came out in a new shirt at for the second half. Not sure if that's just a normal thing and it's not as noticeable in a decent shirt, or whether it's because they rip that horrible thing off as quickly as they can at half going

Definitely didn't happen back in the old days when deadly would have made them pay for the extra kit:D

• Like 1

I just can't imagine that running around in a soaking wet shirt is going to help you perform. And it's bizarre that we're the only side the seems to have the issue, and I'm not sure it's only the colour showing it up.

We really need to be looking to sacking this shower off asap.

• Thanks 1

It's definitely not Castore and it's the manufacturer because Castore make lots of good looking and good quality shirts. 

Personally I think Castore will be as keen to get out this deal as we are, it's awful for their PR if people are running around in awful shirts soaked through. 

Whoever is making the kits needs to be replaced immediately. 

10 minutes ago, skarroki said:

It's definitely not Castore and it's the manufacturer because Castore make lots of good looking and good quality shirts. 

Personally I think Castore will be as keen to get out this deal as we are, it's awful for their PR if people are running around in awful shirts soaked through. 

Whoever is making the kits needs to be replaced immediately. 

I'll defer to Rob's expertise on this, but surely who actually makes the shirt is down to Castore? I can't imagine we have a shirt design contract, and then a separate shirt manufacture contract? Surely it's all on Castore just to design and then gets the shirts made?

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

The sweaty shirts is down to the fabric. Castore don't seem to have the technology to make a dri-fit (nike) like shirt.

Third rate sportswear brand, with a gambling sponsor, I'm embarrassed for anyone that paid money for it! Loyalty shouldn't be blind!

Tbf I wore my home shirt in the gym before the game and the shirt was dry despite sweating quite a lot.  Obviously nowhere near the amount of effort as a professional player puts in.  Maybe it's different for the pro versions.  The Legia shirts did also seem quite damp but not as obvious as ours.

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Tbf I wore my home shirt in the gym before the game and the shirt was dry despite sweating quite a lot.  Obviously nowhere near the amount of effort as a professional player puts in.  Maybe it's different for the pro versions.  The Legia shirts did also seem quite damp but not as obvious as ours.

Sorry but as a regular gym goer, how much sweat one gets is down to many factors, intensity of work out, hydration, air temperature, and how much one sweats.

Me personally I sweat ALOT! wearing those synthetic fabrics I sweat so much, and it dries so fast (if it's a dri-fit or equivalent) and the stink after just a hour is awful! So I only wear cotton! Only exceptions are my Villa shirts.  My cotton tees are soaked after an intense workout, but the dri-fit is only wet in the main sweaty areas (armpits, upper back, and middle chest).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

Sorry but as a regular gym goer, how much sweat one gets is down to many factors, intensity of work out, hydration, air temperature, and how much one sweats.

Me personally I sweat ALOT! wearing those synthetic fabrics I sweat so much, and it dries so fast (if it's a dri-fit or equivalent) and the stink after just a hour is awful! So I only wear cotton! Only exceptions are my Villa shirts.  My cotton tees are soaked after an intense workout, but the dri-fit is only wet in the main sweaty areas (armpits, upper back, and middle chest).

Humble brag alert. 

3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Humble brag alert. 

Bro regular gym goers come in all form. The missus used to go and spend half her time standing around talking to her friends. Not a bit of sweat! Others smash the cardio machines and spray sweat everywhere. Half the people I see regularly there never seem to improve in any noticable way (and they look very average), but I'm sure their health would suffer if they didn't workout.

Having said that I am going to brag a little. I go hard mostly! Some days I just don't have to zip to really go in, but I'm constantly making progress. I've only found consistency in the last couple of years, previously I was very inconsistent and after my daughter was conceived I didn't go for 3 years. 

I have always been overweight and still am, it's just now I'm less flabby, and have some muscles! My aim is to be a fit pensioner!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Bro regular gym goers come in all form. The missus used to go and spend half her time standing around talking to her friends. Not a bit of sweat! Others smash the cardio machines and spray sweat everywhere. Half the people I see regularly there never seem to improve in any noticable way (and they look very average), but I'm sure their health would suffer if they didn't workout.

Having said that I am going to brag a little. I go hard mostly! Some days I just don't have to zip to really go in, but I'm constantly making progress. I've only found consistency in the last couple of years, previously I was very inconsistent and after my daughter was conceived I didn't go for 3 years. 

I have always been overweight and still am, it's just now I'm less flabby, and have some muscles! My aim is to be a fit pensioner!

It was just a joke buddy, you've got this.

14 hours ago, Risso said:

It's our worst shirt, ever. I always buy a home shirt to play five-a-side football in, and it's horrendous. It's like playing in cling film in a swimming pool. Doesn't really matter for a load of fifty year old dads on a Tuesday night, but at the elite level where small decisions make a difference, we need to be binning Castore off bloody pronto.

Presume you've got the normal/fan version and not the pro?

If it's just as bad we can forget the idea of the players switching to that version.