Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

Asking a really dumb question, but tbh, I can't seem to find a clear answer: Are all polyester fabrics the same in how they function? Aren't the current Castore kits listed as 100% polyester? Do they function like other polyesters?

Also,  there seem to be quality issues reported with the Castore kit, too, although it's hard to know how reliable this post is:

In contrast to many other brands' replica kits, the logos of both the replica and authentic kits are heat-applied on Castore 23-24 kits. The process of applying the Villa crest had been apparently insufficient for that Aston Villa kit.

The Castore logo is of a different material than the club crests, so that won't come off certainly.

I emailed the club to ask about the possibility in the future of a kit with the club font on it for the european games (I'm a big kit nerd and I like authenticity, what can I say) to go with the ECL patches. I got a reply from some obvious Fanatics flunkie who said he had looked in the system for "club font" and didn't find anything and that was that. Such helpfulness. Great.

Also, the way I read BK8's deal, they only donate a fiver to AVFC Foundation for kits sold at the park, right? So if you order online, no money to the Foundation? I'll just make a donation myself, then.

On 25/08/2023 at 09:29, Paddywhack said:

Hey, there's nothing wrong with that Hawaiian range! I was rocking this on holiday B)

aston-villa-hawaiian-graphic-t-shirt-nav

No real surprise but this looks like it's sold out

Imagine what the club could do with a summer holiday themed tshirt they released at the start of the summer rather than the last week of August...

On 25/08/2023 at 21:42, alreadyexists said:

It’s such a shame the home kit is crap… I honestly can’t remember one I’ve liked less. I mean, claret and blue… how can you get it wrong? It’s the best colour combination ever, and yet the home kit is awful.

The other two aren’t great, but marginally better. The away is probably the best out of the 3. 

To be fair, it's the sponsor that kills it. Otherwise it would be blow average, but not quite the worst 

1 hour ago, WooJung said:

To be fair, it's the sponsor that kills it. Otherwise it would be blow average, but not quite the worst 

The sponsor isn’t great but those shoulders… they’re the bit for me. I haven’t got the Photoshop skills but I’d like to see it without the blue shoulder bits, I bet it wouldn’t be too bad then

• Like 1

Want a shirt with the Conference League badge, but the ECL badge isn’t a customizable option online. An AVFC store rep said they can’t guarantee it will ever be available. 

I’m proud we’re in Europe and want something to commemorate our first European Tour since I started following, but alas.

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Away kit is lovely. Third is also nice, looks like it'd really suit casual wear. Gonna get both after they're on sale.

I agree. Not even a sale could tempt me to buy the home one though

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks villa you have saved me money this year with these kits.

Maybe grab some of the training gear on sale. 

I have the travel hoodie and it's actually really nice. The fit is awesome, material is some strange kind of polyester (almost like neoprene) but feels really good on the skin. The "petrol" colour is gorgeous. Only negative is the drawstrings should have metal tips for the price. Very expensive ... £70 and I paid another £18 customs. 🤮

villa-hoodie.jpg

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Thanks 1