Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

50 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'd be shocked if a club the size of Villa was given a standard colour - unless that's something the club themselves are happy with, ie "here's our regular claret - will that work for you?"

I know for a fact that West Ham's colour is dyed up to a reference by Umbro.

On the Pantone front - you're right that they were created for printed colour references, but they then expanded out into dyed cotton swatches before moving into digital.

If I were running brand at Villa, I'd partner with a US-based company called CSI (no, not the TV show) which can create a bespoke reference swatch from anything and will then provide not just the swatch but the dye recipes to any supplier who requires it.  No excuses for the brand then.

TL; DR - my expectation would be that Villa themselves have been "not that arsed" about a specific claret for the brand and that's why we've ended up with everything from blood to Ribena on our kits.

I honestly think that, under Ellis and probably Lerner, we did just settle for whatever the brand was willing/able to produce.  Ellis most definitely wouldn't have spent an extra penny in this area.... Hopefully that has now changed.  With the money around the premier league nowadays and NSWE leading the way, I'd certainly hope that it has.... perhaps the first indicator was the Luke kits which appeared to be well thought out with a nice shade of claret.

CSI has a lot of sportswear companies as clients, including Puma, Reebok, Asics, as well as our own Fanatics, so quite possible that we will get some consistency moving forwards...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I’d love us to mirror Roma and have the lion outside the crest also either on a home or away shirt at one point 

Was just about to post this, it’s a beauty. Simple, clean, smart and quality.

No need for these fussy patterns and bus seat designs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Was just about to post this, it’s a beauty. Simple, clean, smart and quality.

No need for these fussy patterns and bus seat designs.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

I’d love us to mirror Roma and have the lion outside the crest also either on a home or away shirt at one point 

That's a lovely kit but that logo is bad. I get its an old logo they brought back for a one off, but it looks terrible. 

• Like 1

Considering we play at an old fashioned stadium in old fashioned colours, I’d like our kits have an old school design too. Not necessarily tributes to our old kits, but just to retro design in general. Contemporary materials and manufacturing of course, but with a classic feel.. for example if we ever get an adidas deal, let’s try and get an adidas classic deal with the leaf badge and designs 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Seriously...I wasn't being serious. Lighten up man

I know we're living in the advanced technological utopia of 2023 but sarcasm still doesn't translate extremely clearly via text without tone, especially not with only 8 words to work off of. But thank you for clarifying, I'm feeling much lighter now! 

15 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Why are we so obsessed with fetishizing the past? Seriously.

It's the reason we ended up the the "retro" badge we have now, that most people are already unhappy with. 

The wolf on that Roma jersey looks like it was drawn by an infant. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's the reason we ended up the the "retro" badge we have now, that most people are already unhappy with. 

The wolf on that Roma jersey looks like it was drawn by an infant. 

Not just any infant mate. Baby Romulus himself.

"Look, that's me ma!"

Edited by est1874

I don't like that Roma kit tbh. It should be great given that it's simple, the crest etc but Adidas managed to make it just look like a run of the mill training top.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I don't like that Roma kit tbh. It should be great given that it's simple, the crest etc but Adidas managed to make it just look like a run of the mill training top.

Looks like a Spain kit depending on the lighting. 

• Like 1

On 05/07/2023 at 13:21, MrBlack said:

Bring back Luke... could get something like this spacer.png

It's okay but like the away a few seasons ago, the lines are far too thick. I mean really thick, like the lines on that kit too.

1 hour ago, MNVillan said:

There is a lot of money to be made by playing into people’s nostalgia.

True, but us old people don't play FIFA ultimate team with a gold card mbappe card and that's where the future money is. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

True, but us old people don't play FIFA ultimate team with a gold card mbappe card and that's where the future money is. 

Im 51, play FIFA and that's gone over my head so yep, guess I'm an oldie on here now.

On 05/07/2023 at 12:26, NurembergVillan said:

I'd be shocked if a club the size of Villa was given a standard colour - unless that's something the club themselves are happy with, ie "here's our regular claret - will that work for you?"

I know for a fact that West Ham's colour is dyed up to a reference by Umbro.

On the Pantone front - you're right that they were created for printed colour references, but they then expanded out into dyed cotton swatches before moving into digital.

If I were running brand at Villa, I'd partner with a US-based company called CSI (no, not the TV show) which can create a bespoke reference swatch from anything and will then provide not just the swatch but the dye recipes to any supplier who requires it.  No excuses for the brand then.

TL; DR - my expectation would be that Villa themselves have been "not that arsed" about a specific claret for the brand and that's why we've ended up with everything from blood to Ribena on our kits.

I'm not sure how the kit works but Villa's brand guide lays out the colour usage in CMYK, RGB, hex and pantone. Well it did when I had to abide by it in 2017.