Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Its not a purslow problem, it's been 10+ years that we've done this bullshit

And I say bullshit we still have the issue that the contracts run until July 1st so we can't launch the new shirt yet

Yes, this problem was being discussed back in the Randy Lerner days and probably even the Doug Ellis days. I have no idea why we seem to be down the list on the release date of kits, it doesn't seem to have changed with the owners or when we have changed the kit manufacturers?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not like he had 5 years to sort it! Yet, it's still a problem! But of course, it definately wasn't a Purslow problem. So who's problem is it? Who do we blame? Nicola Keye? Nicola Ibbeston? Doris?

Other clubs have no problem launching theirs.. new sponsor or not. What's our excuse?

Newcastle bought their sponsor out

Not sure if anyone else has

But like I said it's nothing new, under Lerner we had Nike kits being launched in October

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Newcastle bought their sponsor out

Not sure if anyone else has

But like I said it's nothing new.

Yes but who's accountable?

FWIW, Maybe a lesson moving forward for these "experts" in this area when signing up any new sponsor/kit supplier would be to have an expiring deadline if you will, so this kind of thing comes to an end.

It's frustrating for fans to go through this crap every season.

Can't understand why a sponsorship deal has to run until end of June, when the season finishes in May.

Surely all the publicity for the sponsor is during the season when their logo is plastered all over Sky, Amazon, MOTD, internet, newspapers and any other outlets that want a piece of the Premier League pie.

Even when the season ends their sponsorship will still be included on historic photographs, season reviews, etc.

1 minute ago, withes_shin said:

Can't understand why a sponsorship deal has to run until end of June, when the season finishes in May.

Covers any potential for an extended season (work in marketing so this is just a guess). 

I think they must be gearing up soon for a release as I noticed on the recent email about weekend sale on last season shirts that 'CAZOO' was removed. So I checked the Vila website and at the bottom they've also been removed from principle partnersVilla.thumb.PNG.503691695503698f91895e687c75c5f2.PNG

2 hours ago, floody555 said:

I think they must be gearing up soon for a release as I noticed on the recent email about weekend sale on last season shirts that 'CAZOO' was removed. So I checked the Vila website and at the bottom they've also been removed from principle partnersVilla.thumb.PNG.503691695503698f91895e687c75c5f2.PNG

Interesting considering the deal with them supposedly ran until the end of the month. 

Maybe it didn't. Maybe we've finally bitten the bullet to sacrifice a month's income in order to get a contract that runs for a reasonable time frame....

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Interesting considering the deal with them supposedly ran until the end of the month. 

Maybe it didn't. Maybe we've finally bitten the bullet to sacrifice a month's income in order to get a contract that runs for a reasonable time frame....

Maybe, hopefully 🤞  I wonder if that's why they've been pushing end of sales nearly everyday for nearly last 2 weeks LOL

21 minutes ago, floody555 said:

Maybe, hopefully 🤞  I wonder if that's why they've been pushing end of sales nearly everyday for nearly last 2 weeks LOL

They also need to get rid of everything with the old badge. Once they launch the new one, basically everything on the site becomes obsolete

4 hours ago, floody555 said:

I am not sure the new sponsor will have principles either…

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Roitorb said:

I actually think the new badge is the hold up. They want everything at Villa Park sorted first.

Yeah not to mention the concerts happening at VP at the moment, I'm sure this would be holding the changes to the stands. The Holte for instance has the brick work mosaic to change, I doubt that could take place with people walking around.

5 minutes ago, floody555 said:

Yeah not to mention the concerts happening at VP at the moment, I'm sure this would be holding the changes to the stands. The Holte for instance has the brick work mosaic to change, I doubt that could take place with people walking around.

I would be most surprised if that changed.  It’s more art than branding (leaving aside arguments about whether the subject of that art was any good).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Villa fans stop living in the 70[s and 80's challenge - impossible

As so-called retro influenced shirts go, that is the one we should be bringing back. Remember getting it for Xmas as an 11 year old and thinking I was gonna be the next Andy Gray when I put it on.....I know, I know, jumpers for goalposts etc etc....

• Like 2