Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

8 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

A proper villa kit. If pushed for what I consider 'The Aston Villa kit' it would be a very close call between this and the 1980/81 kit. Honourable mention for 1992/93

Absolutely good shout on the 92/93, also the 93/94 as well, as it was my 1st kit and it had 'coca cola cup winners on it. Loved that shirt

Edited by floody555
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

Cannot believe we haven’t even got a launch date.

Lets hope Mr He k sorts this pronto

Hopefully it is launched soon and future release dates and problems are going to be ironed out aswell.

No more of this "August" release nonsense or "We can't launch yet because xx sponsor prevents that".

21 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Hopefully it is launched soon and future release dates and problems are going to be ironed out aswell.

No more of this "August" release nonsense or "We can't launch yet because xx sponsor prevents that".

Yes the changing of sponsor and/or manufacturer so often is a pain in the arse.  I wonder whether there might be a chance of a late change of sponsor for the shirt if Heck has come in and Purslow gone.

I know it's probably been mentioned in here already but I've just seen the Newcastle kit on the Beeb and it's a beaut. 

If you cover up the yellow on the sleeve I'd be tempted to say it's one of the best jerseys ever.

3f750d5f-acd1-4b61-9c29-baf3edb60965.jpg

32 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

I know it's probably been mentioned in here already but I've just seen the Newcastle kit on the Beeb and it's a beaut. 

If you cover up the yellow on the sleeve I'd be tempted to say it's one of the best jerseys ever.

I like it, if it was claret and blue with a round neck then I’d love it! 😃 

12 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I like it, if it was claret and blue with a round neck then I’d love it! 😃 

I quite like that V shape myself. Also it's a massive help when the sponsor actually complements the shirt. 

15 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

I quite like that V shape myself. Also it's a massive help when the sponsor actually complements the shirt. 

The sponsor is the single most important aspect of the shirt. It makes or breaks it. Whack a great big BK8 on your favourite Villa shirt and see how you get on…

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

Just now, Spoony said:

Yup I know but for me personally it means any kit is going to look naff. Will wait for something better. 

Yeah sadly i agree hopedully its a short term contract

Im hoping with hecks experience in US we can get a big company sponsor after this

17 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

I actually think it's the ugly sponsor logo which may taint our kid, regardless of how good it looks lol.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually think it's the ugly sponsor logo which may taint our kid, regardless of how good it looks lol.

It's honestly one of the worst logos I've ever seen. Reminds me of when Getafe (I think) had Burger King on their shirts.

At least the kids will be able to buy the sponsorless version 

10 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Are we 100% having that sponsor? Not seen anything announced, clinging on to a bit of hope we’ve changed our minds.

Pretty sure it's set in stone, two year agreement.

It will be our last gambling sponsor though.  They're banned in two years time.