New kits 23/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

sne

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I see the towering intellect that is Joey Barton has weighed in (quel surprise), calling it (get your bingo cards ready): 

"Woke, gay, communist nonsense, to appease the lesbians who play for the Lionesses". 

:)

He's had a pop at Kyle walker too for having a diamond ear ring and wearing tights to training, whereas Bellingham is a proper lad and a winner cos he wore shorts 

Joey seems to be opting for the upside down and on fire way out 

Scary that he has a platform to voice his opinions let alone have people agree with him 

It's a sad day for the state of UK political discourse when Gareth Southgate comes out with more sense than the PM or leader of the opposition.

The manager of the national team quite rightly points out that it's really not very high on his list of priorities. If only our **** prime minister and his replacement had a list of priorities to distract him from such trivial nonsense

You guys aren’t taking this seriously enough. There are some things that you just don’t joke about.

The little flag on the England shirt is a slightly different colour!! How can you all laugh about this so easily!?

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Thanks 1

You have to wonder though why Nike have done this. They must have known what kind of reaction they would get changing a countries flag, they are not completely tone deaf.

Are they marketing on the idea that all publicity is good publicity? Was it a boozy long lunch dare between design executives? I can’t imagine this kit is going to be a big seller for them though. 

• Confused 1

Looking at the various bits of training kit and coats etc our lot had you can see it's our colourway, we don't have red on any of it

Agree I'm still not sure why they did it, Brazil have the same collar but with no detailing on it 

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

You have to wonder though why Nike have done this. They must have known what kind of reaction they would get changing a countries flag, they are not completely tone deaf.

Are they marketing on the idea that all publicity is good publicity? Was it a boozy long lunch dare between design executives? I can’t imagine this kit is going to be a big seller for them though. 

It's happened multiple times in different sports and different areas of life. 

As a side to it, I'm in the UK for Easter and planning on buying it, am I mad because there's going to be a decent sale on these within a month? 

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

As this thread shows, changing the colours of the flag has been done countless times. So I don’t think they could have safely predicted the ridiculous shitshow that the reaction has been 

It’s a kit between world cups: by its definition it’s a pointless kit. 

but getting mad about pointless things is a politician’s job

7 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

It’s a kit between world cups: by its definition it’s a pointless kit. 

It's the kit for the Euros. It's just been gobbled up by the shitshow of a government and press we have that want to drag everything into a culture war that they hope will win them an election even though they're utterly incompetent. For me, the bigger problem of the kit is that the blue is too dark - we looked like Germany tonight in black and white.

41 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's the kit for the Euros. It's just been gobbled up by the shitshow of a government and press we have that want to drag everything into a culture war that they hope will win them an election even though they're utterly incompetent. For me, the bigger problem of the kit is that the blue is too dark - we looked like Germany tonight in black and white.

I bought one with Konsa 12 on it on the back from Questionable Sources because I'm going to stiff Nike AND piss off the flag humpers.

Congrats on your debut, Ezri.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I dont think the creative change considered how many gammons that would get offended

I genuinely dont think a pro American company like Nike would offend on purpose that might make a backlash at home

Â