New kits 23/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

sne

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

People are so easily offended these days.

They’ve been told what to get annoyed about and they’re all sheep, so they’re all crying about something us normal folk don’t care about.

Snowflakes.

Funny that the people who get the most outraged at the least significant of things, which are completely inconsequential to their lives, are often the quickest to go around branding others as "snowflakes". I'm glad that word is being repossessed and turned towards the original accusers more appropriately.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Funny that the people who get the most outraged at the least significant of things, which are completely inconsequential to their lives, are often the quickest to go around branding others as "snowflakes".

But…but…I don’t want vegan sausage rolls 

• Like 1

It's got f*** all to do with LGBT, so you can count that one out of the debate, although I know 'some' people love to thrown about on here to seem fashionable. Quite a few people like the original colours of a St Georges cross on the shirts, I do, like the majority, but it always seems ot turn into who's right and wrong on here, as in many topics, which I guess is the main reason people get pissed off, not the actual subject.

I don't give much of a f*** anyway, as I would never pay £130 for a football shirt.

Edited by foreveryoung

Just now, foreveryoung said:

It's got f*** all to do with LGBT, so you can count that one out of the debate, although I know 'some' people love to thrown about on here to seem fashionable. Quite a few people like the original colours of a St Georges cross on the shirts, I do, like the majority, but it always seems ot turn into who's right and wrong on here, as in many topics.. I don't give much of a f*** anyway, as I would never pay £130 for a football shirt.

That's fine.

Btw, LGBT was brought up in this thread with a Joey Barton tweet.

But a question.

But why is there so much outrage now, and nonsense about woke, when the flag was recoloured in previous kits and no one cared?

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

That's fine.

Btw, LGBT was brought up in this thread with a Joey Barton tweet.

But a question.

But why is there so much outrage now, and nonsense about woke, when the flag was recoloured in previous kits and no one cared?

I just think it's because originally it was a St Georges cross, which people like on there England shirts. Now it's just a random cross, an has blatently been changed to make it inclusive to everyone, or so the FA and Nike equality graduates thought.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I just think it's because originally it was a St Georges cross, which people like on there England shirts. Now it's just a random cross, an has blatently been changed to make it inclusive to everyone, or so the FA and Nike equality graduates thought.

But the same thing happened in 2010/2011 with both the home kit and the goalie kit and nobody cared.

Why is the colour of a cross on a football shirt supposed to show inclusivity?

Which particular groups do you think this coloured cross shows inclusivity to?

Do you think the colours as they were used in the 1966 training gear (that this kit was inspired by) were also used to be inclusive?

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I just think it's because originally it was a St Georges cross, which people like on there England shirts. 

How many do you see? 

England.jpg?format=1000w

1 hour ago, withes_shin said:

So is this a cross of St. George?

image.png.b96fc3441d028cb65ba7af3e4ca8bb55.png

😂😂😂

Yeah you got me mate. The design on the England goalkeeper shirt, part of the England team, that is in the exact shape of a set George’s cross, the flag of England, isn’t actually a St George’s cross, it’s the flag of Finland. 

You’ve outfoxed me there

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Those bastards. 

Imagine being outraged at something being inclusive. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

But the same thing happened in 2010/2011 with both the home kit and the goalie kit and nobody cared.

Why is the colour of a cross on a football shirt supposed to show inclusivity?

Which particular groups do you think this coloured cross shows inclusivity to?

Do you think the colours as they were used in the 1966 training gear (that this kit was inspired by) were also used to be inclusive?

They thought it being random colours, not red and white, rainbow etc, would include everyone. Nike is another one of those huge corperates, who think they play part in changing the world, so maybe they think this could lead to a new 'everyone inclusive England logo'.

I thought the FA had refused to comment on it?

25 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's got f*** all to do with LGBT,

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

They thought it being random colours, not red and white, rainbow etc, would include everyone. Nike is another one of those huge corperates, who think they play part in changing the world, so maybe they think this could lead to a new 'everyone inclusive England logo'.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Those bastards. 

Imagine being outraged at something being inclusive. 

We are having close to a sensible debate here. Comments like your sacasm, is what outrages people, not the actual subject.

Like has been said, I liked the St Georges on my England shirt, I'm not interested in some random fun colours, buts that's my opinion, an believe it or not, I am entitled to it.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Didn't realise LGBT was everyone these days. I would have put money on it , you would know that.

You said it’s not about to resembling the LGBTQ+ Rainbow, and then complained about Nike trying to be inclusive. The only way you could think that is if you think it resembles the LGBT rainbow or similar. 

It can’t be both. Either it’s just about the flag being a different colour or it isn’t 

• Like 1

Â