New kits 23/24

sne

I'm dying, the whole time I thought the outrage was because it was meant as a nod to the LGBTQ flag (still dumb but it at least makes sense for them to be mad about), but it turns out it's not even that? It's a callback to an old training kit  :crylaugh:

What are these people even mad about anymore? Grown men being outraged over a flag. I thought that was a uniquely American malaise. Jfc.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont think the creative change considered how many gammons that would get offended

I genuinely dont think a pro American company like Nike would offend on purpose that might make a backlash at home

Supposedly the first draft of the design had the flag as a rainbow colours and the FA knocked it back. 

Surely they must know En-gur-land football fans are not known for their progressive politics? It was an entirely predictable result. 

I don’t really know how such a big company like Nike could make such a mess of it. 

If it was really about changing the flag they wouldn't be harping about "woke" this and "woke" that. The reason they are is because they actually think it's the bisexual pride flag 😂

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If it was really about changing the flag they wouldn't be harping about "woke" this and "woke" that. The reason they are is because they actually think it's the bisexual pride flag 😂

Only one way to be sure Schedule a friendly in Qatar and see if they allow the flag :D 

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Correct. I made this point a few pages back. If it was a solid colour nobody would care. 

It’s because it vaguely resembles and LBGT rainbow. They’ll say it isn’t, but we all know that it is 

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Correct. I made this point a few pages back. If it was a solid colour nobody would care. 

It’s because it vaguely resembles and LBGT rainbow. They’ll say it isn’t, but we all know that it is 

Not the LBGT rainbow but the Telegraph was suggesting it resembles the trans and lesbian flags.

38 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Not the LBGT rainbow but the Telegraph was suggesting it resembles the trans and lesbian flags.

Yep, which is the real issue. 

People don’t care about the flag being a different colour. They care about it being a bit gay

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

And yet, I would still know that was England, weirdly enough.

Kinda resembles the Icelandic flag more thou.

The Icelandic flag | Nordic cooperation

There was a lack of imagination when the nations up north made their flags :D 

The Story of the Icelandic Flag | Guide to Iceland

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Looks nothing like either. Closest thing it resembles is the bisexual flag. 

If Nike have reiterated that it's nothing to do with any of that, but to celebrate the last and only England team to win anything, I'm perplexed as to why the outrage doesn't stop there. Unless the implication is they're lying and are secretly trying to turn everyone gay?

In which case, nobody would have even known about the resemblance unless they made such a big fuss about it in the first place. Can't say most people are super well versed in the various pride flags. People would have heard "1966 training kit" and said oh okay and kept it moving. Because it's a bloody football shirt, and there are countless more important things in life to spend calories on.

If it was put on the kit and they said "we've done this to celebrate the last and only England team to win anything by using the colours from an old training kit" or whatever, then I don't think anyone would have batted an eyelid.

I think the thing that has got everyone's backs up is the poorly worded "playful approach aimed to 'unite and inspire' the nation" some people find the suggestion that the standard England flag isn't "uniting and inspiring" offensive and then you have the other people who believe that there is an agenda behind everything and that there is some subliminal "pride" messaging going on.

I for one couldn't give a shite about it, I haven't bought an England shirt since 1998 and I haven't barely watched any England games in years so they could play in a kit with Barney the Dinosaur wearing a pink tutu on the sleeve and it wouldn't bother me, my interest in England pretty much stops at checking if any of our players might have got injured during a game (if they play)

6 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

If it was put on the kit and they said "we've done this to celebrate the last and only England team to win anything by using the colours from an old training kit" or whatever, then I don't think anyone would have batted an eyelid.

I think the thing that has got everyone's backs up is the poorly worded "playful approach aimed to 'unite and inspire' the nation" some people find the suggestion that the standard England flag isn't "uniting and inspiring" offensive and then you have the other people who believe that there is an agenda behind everything and that there is some subliminal "pride" messaging going on.

I for one couldn't give a shite about it, I haven't bought an England shirt since 1998 and I haven't barely watched any England games in years so they could play in a kit with Barney the Dinosaur wearing a pink tutu on the sleeve and it wouldn't bother me, my interest in England pretty much stops at checking if any of our players might have got injured during a game (if they play)

It's literally been taken by racists. 

If anyone is angry about that then they're idiots. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sne said:

Kinda resembles the Icelandic flag more thou.

The Icelandic flag | Nordic cooperation

There was a lack of imagination when the nations up north made their flags :D 

The Story of the Icelandic Flag | Guide to Iceland

They were all Christian nations at that time and adopted the Christian cross. Thankfully they are mostly secular nowadays, hence their progressive attitudes.

Their flags remain out of tradition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

They were all Christian nations at that time and adopted the Christian cross. Thankfully they are mostly secular nowadays, hence their progressive attitudes.

Their flags remain out of tradition.

Yeah I know, I'm from Sweden 😃

15 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Surely the price should be the most outrageous thing about the shirt 

You're right. It should.

I can understand the player version being that price. It costs what it costs - they've got to make the best kit for the athlete.

The replica prices are outrageous though.

Still, it'd probably be about £40 if it wasn't caked in leftist iconography.

• Haha 1

Â