Weekends Football 6/7 May

andykeenan

Guest av1

My last memory of Millwall at VP was when the police created a line between the Witton island and Witton station to allow the Villa fans to get away. 

There was some bloke who must have been in his late 60’s, kitted in out in stone island giving it large and and offering out every police officer or Villa fan that got close. Representative for Wellingborough

Glad they have missed out. Scum 

Just now, av1 said:

My last memory of Millwall at VP was when the police created a line between the Witton island and Witton station to allow the Villa fans to get away. 

There was some bloke who must have been in his late 60’s, kitted in out in stone island giving it large and and offering out every police officer or Villa fan that got close. Representative for Wellingborough

It's one of two grounds where I've had rocks and coins chucked at me as an away fan. No prizes for guessing the other one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Only game I've ever been too where a main road has been closed off to pedestrians getting to it. Bizarre. Scumbag club.

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the trains down there would certainly be interesting

They'll go on strike that day. Like the FA Cup final. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, av1 said:

Obviously there’s the Baggies connection, but I’ve always had a lot of time for Tony Mowbray. I think he’s one of the good guys and possibly a bit underrated. 

Makes the choice of Neil going to stoke even more baffling. Sunderland are a far bigger club in any metric.

Guest av1
4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Only game I've ever been too where a main road has been closed off to pedestrians getting to it. Bizarre. Scumbag club.

Yep, I park up by Witton cemetery so I when I realised they’d closed the road it would have been a couple of mile walk for me. I’d noticed that the whilst closing the road, the police hadn’t closed off the little garden area opposite the Witton. So because i thought I was being clever, I walked through there and effectively bypassed the police closure. Unfortunately that put me right in the middle of the Millwall fans. 

Me and the boy did cover our colours and didn’t speak, so we got through without hassle, but just seeing the scumbags kicking off with police made me sick. 

I mention than one guy because i remember thinking ‘mate your a fecking pensioner. You’ve more than likely got grandkid’s ffs’

Sunderland and Coventry hate each other, Coventry are Sunderland's most hated team second only to Newcastle, as they feel that Coventry cheated to relegate them back in the seventies, so a Sunderland v Coventry final would be a much bigger grudge match than Sunderland v Middlesbrough.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Sunderland and Coventry hate each other, Coventry are Sunderland's most hated team second only to Newcastle, as they feel that Coventry cheated to relegate them back in the seventies, so a Sunderland v Coventry final would be a much bigger grudge match than Sunderland v Middlesbrough.

Two clubs that the rest of England don't like either :D 

How many are Brighton sticking past past Everton then (reverse jinx alert). I'll go for 3.

Funnily enough for all the doom and gloom on here Brighton don't win this and we could easily go above them next weekend by beating Spurs as they have Arsenal and Newcastle back to back away.

Will more likely follow a similar pattern to Fulham-Leicester as I just can't see how Everton are going to threaten Brighton in any part of the pitch, their CBs are well set up to nullify Calvert Lewin.

30 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's one of two grounds where I've had rocks and coins chucked at me as an away fan. No prizes for guessing the other one. 

not been to the old roofless Milton End at Fratton Park then?

5 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

not been to the old roofless Milton End at Fratton Park then?

Never had the displeasure. Too far away and I never wanted to listen to that **** ringing his bell. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

What happens when you get your goalkeepers free in a cereal box.

I can't grasp it.

Like when Schmeichel left IIRC and we just went with Encklemen because reasons...

"....but he's a No.2 at Championship level at best."

You can't get away at PL having a bad goalkeeper.

Â