Weekends Football 6/7 May

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Not for me.

He just arrived and players already showing a lack of desire and effort.

No responsibility at all, not even a bit?

I know it's not the same but when Emery came in we were in a right state and yet he totally transformed us.

4 minutes ago, andym said:

Their defence has been awful all season, full backs are rubbish, Faes one of the worst CBs in the league

Its just been a bit less obvious recently as they finally dropped the worst goalie in the league in Ward (Meslier at Leeds now takes that accolade)

Its one of the worst back lines in the league, probably even worse than Leeds

Club needs to take responsibility selling Schmeichel and going into the season with that defence

5 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Not for me.

Isn’t it his job to motivate them? 

17 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Pathetic that they treat Deano like this. He deserve better.

What a weird take.

• Like 1

There was a very good chance of it ending in tears, and he took the gamble. Two poor choices of job have probably ended his PL management career unless he wins promotion himself again.

• Like 3

This game ironically reminds me of when we went to Leicester and lost 4-0 in March 2020.

Leicester are a shambles, half a yard slow to everything and traffic cones at the back.

Forest will be getting a massive boost watching this.

14 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Not for me.

Surely he needs to show to future employers he's still got something about him still at prem level?

Leicester was a difficult task but they did have a bounce when he came in. I thought they were really poor v Everton and lucky not to lose that and Fulham have just played around them so easily. Considering they've got Liverpool and Newcastle next their lack of intensity in that first half is unacceptable as they needed at least a draw today.

Other prem clubs aren't going to be falling over themselves to appoint him if he takes Leicester down (Norwich were always going so that's a more subjective opinion on the overall job he did there).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There was a very good chance of it ending in tears, and he took the gamble. Two poor choices of job have probably ended his PL management career unless he wins promotion himself again.

Yeah pretty much. If he keeps Leicester up he could perhaps be in contention for likes of Crystal Palace and perhaps Sheffield United if they have a managerial change next season.

No one is touching him if Leicester just go down with a whimper which is looking likely based on that first half. His record in premier league without Grealish in team is not pretty at all when you look at our results in 2021.

I thought he'd get more out of Maddison but looks like he's gone into his shell big time after the penalty miss.

• Like 1

I still don't think he's a bad manager, but he wouldn't be anywhere on my list for a job that was emergency firefighting.

Norwich was an appalling selection of job he jumped back in far too quickly and just accepted a relegation on his CV, as well as months of being whipping boys which was never going to get the fans behind him. Leicester was a coin toss just to get himself back in the PL, and he's not done terribly up to this point, but it looks like it hasn't been enough. He never had much of a reputation in the PL outside of VP, but what he did have, he's trashed. Time to step back to the Championship and try again.

• Like 2

Wonder if the Leicester owner decides to sell if they go down? Must be a pretty strange and emotional situation for him after all that's happened since his family took over. 

Â