Weekends Football 6/7 May

andykeenan

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

i know we want to see brighton lose as we want to think about catching them, but realistically they have 2 games in hand still after today. we're not catching them IMO. but the downsides of everton staying up is that they are a much bigger club than the likes of leeds, forest and leicester and you'd think they're not going to be anywhere near as bad next season as they have been this season. plus with the new stadium they're going to bring in some more ££. the likes of leeds and forest aren't a threat to us...everton are. we don't want them to stay up

Everton will probably have a Palace season next year and for their last season at Goodison that will be enough.

We'd have to sign very badly in the summer e.g. the three big signings all flopping even worse than Bailey for Everton to be seriously competiting with us unless they win their first 4-5 games.

We have a buffer of about 18 months on likes of them and Wolves so we need to capitalise and start making europe, still a chance this season.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

i know we want to see brighton lose as we want to think about catching them, but realistically they have 2 games in hand still after today. we're not catching them IMO. but the downsides of everton staying up is that they are a much bigger club than the likes of leeds, forest and leicester and you'd think they're not going to be anywhere near as bad next season as they have been this season. plus with the new stadium they're going to bring in some more ££. the likes of leeds and forest aren't a threat to us...everton are. we don't want them to stay up

Yes but maybe it will galvanise the squad into a late push for Europe instead of a damp squid of an ending 

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I hear you but what we want or don’t want doesn’t control the outcome so for now I’m going to live in the moment and hope for the result that has a small chance of helping our immediate cause.

Everton still got that FFP charge hanging over them aswell so perhaps may start next season with points deduction although will probably be largely fine and restrictions on transfers instead.

I can't see a situation where we're in danger of being below them at serious point of next season anyway.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Everton still got that FFP charge hanging over them aswell so perhaps may start next season with points deduction although will probably be largely fine and restrictions on transfers instead.

I can't see a situation where we're in danger of being below them at serious point of next season anyway.

Why are why are they being punished so harshly and Man City are not, makes no sense other than the obvious

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

It won't stay like this, but if it did, I'll be even more fuming about our game

Ultra-fuming now at 0-3.

****  custard bowl nobbers. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Why are why are they being punished so harshly and Man City are not, makes no sense other than the obvious

Whole system is corrupt and rotten to the core.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Ultra-fuming now at 0-3.

****  custard bowl nobbers. 

You can imagine what it’s been like for me. Luckily Luckily they **** off on holiday tonight.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Neither club have been punished yet, still awaiting judgement.

Edited by Mr_Dogg

Just switched on the Brighton game about 15 minutes ago. It's been the most one sided game I've seen in ages. Having not seen the first half, how the hell are Everton 3-0 up?

17 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Man. City got so many charges it will take years to sort out and even then they'll just appeal endlessly until they get a verdict they like.

Everton had a breach for one part of FFP so should be sorted out reasonably quickly. I don't think they'll be deducted any points next season.

When you look at how they're being run it's incredible how they've gotten away with it this season.

Spent all summer not bothered about buying a forward and Calvert Lewin gets injured two days before the season and barely played up to the World cup. Then give Lampard 10 more games than he should've. Then in January again don't sign a forward.

Will probably have a more comfortable year next time with all Dyche's knowledge though from scrapping to 45 points with Burnley.

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Just switched on the Brighton game about 15 minutes ago. It's been the most one sided game I've seen in ages. Having not seen the first half, how the hell are Everton 3-0 up?

Everton were doing what Brighton are now in the first half!

Â