Mateu Alemany

PieFacE

29 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why is it unprofessional? It happens all the time in business. At my company, when we’ve tried to recruit recently, we’ve had job offers accepted, then after they have gone through screening, they decide to stay where they are, probably with a higher pay check. 

The only unprofessional thing is the journalists who were saying it was a done deal. We all know Villa keep things quiet until everything is completed.

Its unprofessional because you have announced your departure publicly as you have verbally accepted the contract

You should only announce it when its signed not gone public. Villa havent confirmed anything so at least doesnt make us look like fools. Your example is completely different as your a private company you dont need to go public about your departure like alemany had done.

The Marca article says something along the Google translate lines of talks broke down between us and him last week so he has asked Barca if he can see out the last year of his contract as planned and they have agreed.

It’s not clear what the sticking point was but I’m sure we’ll hear all about it in the coming days.

Ah so Cruyff has left Barca and now Alemany is staying… makes more sense now. I don’t think he was ever intending to come here. Really shit for us. 

Edited by Tayls

1 minute ago, Beastmix said:

If only we had Alemany... he'd know what to do to get this over the line...

Or Brian Boitano. He'd make a plan, and he'd follow through
That's what Brian Boitano'd do!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its unprofessional because you have announced your departure publicly as you have verbally accepted the contract

You should only announce it when its signed not gone public. Villa havent confirmed anything so at least doesnt make us look like fools. Your example is completely different as your a private company you dont need to go public about your departure like alemany had done.

He didn't though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Open the relegation thread! 

Nah it’s annoying though, something super amazing was happening and then all of a sudden it’s taken away. It is very us. All seemed a bit odd with how much attention it was getting and the things people were coming out with - particularly from Barcas side. It was like they were trying to gauge the reaction before deciding to try and keep hold of him. 

Wonder if we’ll look at Betis’ guy now instead… 

Totally! It was very weird that they, as the club that were being ‘dumped’ so to speak were so vocal about it in the media with nothing set in stone. All leaks came from Spain.

10 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The quote was about him leaving having done a 360 from signing for us 

Right, but if you're travelling in one direction and do a 360, you'll be travelling in the same direction you were originally.

Alemany hasn't done a 360, he's done a 180.  Hence my post was he still joining when the poster said he done a 360.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Right, but if you're travelling in one direction and do a 360, you'll be travelling in the same direction you were originally.

Alemany hasn't done a 360, he's done a 180.  Hence my post was he still joining when the poster said he done a 360.

I see. Blame the original poster then 🤣😭

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Since we didn’t ever announce the guy and most, if not all of the noise was coming from the Spanish press, at best I can only give him a maximum of 90 degrees. He hasn’t even ordered a cab to the airport. It’s the most static move ever. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

So apparently project wasn't attractive enough. FFS. As usual with Villa one step forward two steps back.

That wouldn't be public knowledge so I call bullshit on that.. just guesswork.

Cruyff has left, they have gaps in the boardroom so they have offered him better terms to stay.

He would been well aware what the plan was with us before flying here with a contract on offer.

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

So apparently project wasn't attractive enough. FFS. As usual with Villa one step forward two steps back.

I don’t know, all these reporters are now coming out saying all sorts now. I don’t believe it, what I do think is connected though is Busquets leaving and Alemany deciding to stay alongside Cryuff leaving. I think there was a report that one of the initial disagreements with Alemany and Barca was over Busquets possibly extending and the return of Messi. 

• Like 1

Â