Favourite Crisps & Snacks!

AvfcRigo82

36 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Walkers Barbecue in the black bags are back. 

My son is well excited and gone out and bought himself a multipack. 

It’s BBQ rib isn’t it ? , I did some work on them early last year along with some other Vegan flavours they might bring out 

• Like 1

On 05/01/2024 at 19:47, tonyh29 said:

It’s BBQ rib isn’t it ? , I did some work on them early last year along with some other Vegan flavours they might bring out 

Anything new or just rehashed? 

On 05/01/2024 at 18:47, tonyh29 said:

Oh wow. They definitely taste of BBQ Ribs. It's actually uncanny. 

Not as good as the original BBQ flavour crisps though. 

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Anything new or just rehashed? 

New’ish … from memory one was grilled cheese , one was flame grilled steak and one was the BBQ rib … there were some other ones but they didn’t score well  … they are  vegan rather than vegetarian which on their crisps seems to give them a far better texture imo … no idea if they will ever launch though  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Went for the spiciest Pringles I could find in the aisle the other day. Three out of three chilli graphic and "Extra hot" emblazoned across the front.  That'll do donkey. Glanced and saw that they were chilli flavour of some description but didn't notice until I eat one later that they were also (very) cheese flavoured.  So, cheese and chilli. Sounds decent. And it is, for about 5 or 6 chips. But it gets bloody weird after that. I don't know how they've managed it but both flavours manage to stay completely separate from each other in your mouth. I think it's because one (the chilli) affects the nose moreso, and the other very much concentrates on the mouth. They're decently spicy for a crisp (i.e. not at all), but if you're a crisp scoffer who starts and finishes whatever you've opened in one sitting, they actually become unpleasant.  They're also hyper hyper seasoned. Like, I LOVE my salted snacks but I have never, and I mean never encountered a crisp or a nut or anything of that nature that has made me incredibly thirsty as fast as these things did.

All in all, from the flavour and its weird effect. Won't be buying again.  If you want decently spicy but also delicious then go for the infinitely superior Walkers Jalapeno and cheese.

prod_img-11093290_05053990160280-_a1n1.p

• Thanks 1

I've spent the week making my way through a pack of Breakaway's. Not necessarily because they're great but because I saw them on a shelf just after I'd heard they were to be discontinued.  Thought I ought to try some before 8 never can again. 

They're OK. I'd probably buy more if I thought about it, more likely to get a pack of Penguin's though so that's probably where they've lost out despite being cheaper. 

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've spent the week making my way through a pack of Breakaway's. Not necessarily because they're great but because I saw them on a shelf just after I'd heard they were to be discontinued.  Thought I ought to try some before 8 never can again. 

They're OK. I'd probably buy more if I thought about it, more likely to get a pack of Penguin's though so that's probably where they've lost out despite being cheaper. 

My personal opinion on Penguins, although they're 'cheaper' confectionary than the usual, I find the cheaper versions of the Penguin tastier than the actual Penguin. But still, the Penguin is a classic.

Although I am a carnivore through and through I have to say that the vegan fridge raiders are far tastier than any of the chicken varieties I've had. 

9 hours ago, T-Dog said:

My personal opinion on Penguins, although they're 'cheaper' confectionary than the usual, I find the cheaper versions of the Penguin tastier than the actual Penguin. But still, the Penguin is a classic.

Aldi’s seal bars are the favourite in our house , I’m easily amused but I kinda smile everytime I go in there at how they copy but stay away from infringement with their brand names 

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Although I am a carnivore through and through I have to say that the vegan fridge raiders are far tastier than any of the chicken varieties I've had. 

There's probably more meat in the vegan ones to be fair

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, BOF said:

All in all, from the flavour and its weird effect. Won't be buying again.  If you want decently spicy but also delicious then go for the infinitely superior Walkers Jalapeno and cheese.

I thought the DORITOS FLAMIN' HOT Nacho (copy paste) was quite hot bout not that tasty. Was it the same spice-wise, if you have tried them that is?

8 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Probably because they ain't chicken 

3 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Probably because they ain't chicken 

The chicken ones barely pass as chicken! 

Ah I see what you were saying now :blush:

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Aldi’s seal bars are the favourite in our house , I’m easily amused but I kinda smile everytime I go in there at how they copy but stay away from infringement with their brand names 

Not forgetting the 'Polar bars' from Sainsburys. Great wordplay. 

0-IMG-4082.webp

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, supermon said:

I feel like I'm in the minority but Walkers Pickeld Onion is one of my favourites

I love them but barely ever see them.

Same as their worcester sauce ones. 

Â