Midweek Football 24/27 April

andykeenan

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

Hoddle votes Kane man of the match.  😂🤣 In other news, Trump says Hitler a genius; Putin hails North Korean dictator.

To be fair Harry's defensive duties did keep it down to 2-0 in the first half 🤣

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

That's the spirit

It's just called logic. We're away to United who need a result and playing a Spurs who will more than likely finish the season strong.

The chances of us beating both are slim, if you want to think it's more likely than not then work away.

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

Useless United. 

If they won that CL was pretty much sealed. 

Now we have to play them needing something

Champions league is pretty much guaranteed anyway - beat Fulham and Brentford and pick up a single win in their other five games and they're there.

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

All we have to do, is match Spurs'results and beat them at VP (still a big ask).

We can't grumble about this making United's lives difficult, we have 48 hours more rest and training and we played in 2nd gear against Fulham.

Whilst I know its an absolute dream, united will drop points in the run up to the FA Cup final against their neighbours.

We have to do the impossible of "just keep winning" - against strong teams.

If we do make Europe we'll have absolutely deserved it.  If we don't, we don't.

Enjoy the dream whilst it exists, it's been far too long since we, as Villa fans could.

Soppy word removed 

Just now, lapal_fan said:

All we have to do, is match Spurs'results and beat them at VP (still a big ask).

We can't grumble about this making United's lives difficult, we have 48 hours more rest and training and we played in 2nd gear against Fulham.

Whilst I know its an absolute dream, united will drop points in the run up to the FA Cup final against their neighbours.

We have to do the impossible of "just keep winning" - against strong teams.

If we do make Europe we'll have absolutely deserved it.  If we don't, we don't.

Enjoy the dream whilst it exists, it's been far too long since we, as Villa fans could.

For you, that post is

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

They can lose four of their last seven games and we'd need to win all five of ours to be level with them on points.

If you reckon it's on, stick a quid on it!

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

They can lose four of their last seven games and we'd need to win all five of ours to be level with them on points.

If you reckon it's on, stick a quid on it!

I'm not made of money! :lol:

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Why is a draw great? We haven't got a sinner's chance in hell of finishing in the top 4 mate, no matter what other clubs do 

I'm an optimist what can I say.

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If we win all our games including the one against United - they'd need seven points from their other six games to finish ahead of us.

Wanting them to draw this out of some idea we can catch them is madness.

No they'd need 10, 9 to go level on points and the GD...difference would be overturned in that scenario.

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

People with no grasp of maths looking at 4th as we risk getting finding 6th getting away from us is not making this easier to watch.

You can talk! Added up to 7 instead of 9 or 10. I've got a PhD in maths thanks.

Spurs drawing won't make the difference, they've still dropped 2 points.

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

People with no grasp of maths looking at 4th as we risk getting finding 6th getting away from us is not making this easier to watch.

ye, tbh with all the games in hand around us, and the difficult run in we have on paper, predictors put us as finishing 8th, so anything above that would be a gargantuan effort.

9 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Useless United. 

If they won that CL was pretty much sealed. 

Now we have to play them needing something

Another way to look at it is they are shit and we’ll beat them.

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It's just called logic. We're away to United who need a result and playing a Spurs who will more than likely finish the season strong.

The chances of us beating both are slim, if you want to think it's more likely than not then work away.

Spurs getting 1 or 0 points in this game doesn't change us needing results. You're just being pessimistic for the sake of it. 

• Like 1

Â