Midweek Football 24/27 April

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They were winning at the time.

But we were talking about the scenario where it was a draw.

If Utd had won yeah forget it. Now there's like a 0.1% chance of us finishing above them off the top of my head (made up). Maths, bitch!

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Liverpool will batter Spurs, especially if we beat United. Top 4 will be on for them.

They are 7 points behind with 6 games left. United are jammy enough to get over the line

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They are 7 points behind with 6 games left. United are jammy enough to get over the line

If we beat United and Liverpool beat Spurs on Sunday, they will be 4 points behind United on Sunday evening. Liverpool then play Fulham on Wednesday and United are away to Brighton on Thursday. By Thursday night Liverpool could be 1 point behind them if results go their way, with United having a game in hand.

God that away kit from Newcastle is just so **** reprehensible, honestly Newcastle fans wearing that must have no shame whatsoever. 

Anyway I think spurs looked better there, will give Liverpool a tidy game, could be a draw which suits me fine

• Like 1

9 hours ago, duke313 said:

Liverpool will batter Spurs, especially if we beat United. Top 4 will be on for them.

Devils advocate if you had to choose between the 3 clubs

Plop - their fans are unbearable.  Hate the club, Klopp is a word removed. Always the victims.... 

Spurzzzz - HAHAH not a chance.

Manure - Hate to say this but if i had to choose between the 3 clubs i would -  and i need a good scrub after saying this, it would be Manure.

Ideally we beat manure - Spurzz and plop draw. Top 4 in grasp for us - would need to win every game till the end of the season and hope for a couple of results to go our way. But if we dont make top 4 then i would have to say Manure out of the 3

7 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Plop - their fans are unbearable.  Hate the club, Klopp is a word removed. Always the victims.... 

Manure - Hate to say this but if i had to choose between the 3 clubs i would -  and i need a good scrub after saying this, it would be Manure.

Ideally we beat manure - Spurzz and plop draw. Top 4 in grasp for us - would need to win every game till the end of the season and hope for a couple of results to go our way. But if we dont make top 4 then i would have to say Manure out of the 3

Man U and Liverpool fans are both insufferable, can't stand either club.  But it would be absolutely hilarious seeing United (who looked a cert for top 4) drop to 5th, it would be worth seeing Liverpool in top 4 just for that alone.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We ain't making top 4, not a chance. Europe is the best we can hope for and unfortunately even that is not in our hands.

Well, it is actually.  If we win all our remaining games, we will be in Europe.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Man U and Liverpool fans are both insufferable, can't stand either club.  But it would be absolutely hilarious seeing United (who looked a cert for top 4) drop to 5th, it would be worth seeing Liverpool in top 4 just for that alone.

I work with 3 Liverpool fans and i could honesty say if i didn't like my job i would have chinned them by now, absolute melts! Never met decent one yet! When they lose its always the Ref, the pitch etc. Always turns to  personal abuse as well with them with Banter, they are worse than Small heath fans for that. When my dad died last year, they were like well one less scummy Villa fan in the world (this was all 3 of them!). So yeah i have my reasons for hating Liverpool! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm trying to keep positive, but if that was the case, it'll be one of the best runs of any team on the Prem

It's unlikely we will win all 5 remaining games, but the point was it is in our hands.  The good thing is we have to play Spurs, Liverpool and Brighton, so they are potential 6 pointers.

Edited by duke313

22 minutes ago, calcifer said:

When my dad died last year, they were like well one less scummy Villa fan in the world (this was all 3 of them!)

Not sure how you didn't lay your hands on them after this.

55 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Liverpool

They're on the decline, CL next season would merely prolong it

Man utd are on the ascendancy, no CL would Slow it down

Spurs getting CL means nothing as they'll still do **** all with it

Â